Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Is Launch At Cottrell Golf Resort : Lexus Cardiff

What a fantastically hot day. A big thank you to Claire and Jason ( and to the other gentleman, who I don't recall his name)

It was really good to see the three generations of the IS together.

A review of the IS300h (it's a 4 cylinder 2.5 mated to the hybrid system.) It rides very comfortably in the Premier edition I test drove. The IS300h SE on 16" wheels emits only 99microgams of CO2 Which means it will be exempt from road tax, yet the IS300h in both Luxury and Premier editions will have 17" wheels and they each emit 101microgrammes of CO2 and thus will not be exempt from Road Tax. Jason did try to explain, but I just couldn't quite get my head round it.

The new IS range feature folding seats in the rear and a fully integrated multimedia screen on the dash. Very nice.

I'm going to start saving the pennies, but. .

2.5litre engine

£0 Road Tax

Fuel economy 65.7 MPG

That's going to take a while to sink in.

. . . . .

• 2 weeks later...

Road tax is still only £10 on the other variants. If you are considering paying hundreds to upgrade to higher than SE (I've gone for Lux plus leather/navigation), I'm sure an extra tenner annually won't break the bank!

• Like 1

Indeed. The legroom in the back was amazing. In comparison to the first Gen, it appears that Lexus have really thought about the comfort of the rear passengers.

I really would like a new IS300h, but realistically, I'm probably looking at another 3 years before I replace my car and even then, it may only be 59plate IS250. Here's hoping my numbers come up on the lottery.

On a brighter note though, Claire from Lexus Cardiff telephoned today to say that everyone who attended the Launch at Cottrell Park Golf Resort were entered into a prize draw and that I had won a digital Camera. Thank You.

Must admit I haven't got around to sitting in the back yet! What I did find (I posted another thread with my own test drive views) was that the whole car seemed astonishingly spacious, given it really isn't *a lot* bigger than the last one and is actually significantly smaller than the one I'm coming over from (a 2008 Volvo S80).

It depends on your circumstances of course, but with the savings (I'm able to put it through my business admittedly) in running costs you may just find it's more affordable than you think.

Nevertheless, hang on a year and I'll report back on what the fuel consumption etc *really* is! :)

• Like 1

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links