Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Magazine Reviews For New Is300H/is250

Test drive the is300h yesterday, I must say very disappointing, for 40k there is a lot of cheap plastic after 8 yrs with the is250sel i'm finding myself looking else where I'm sad to say.

I'm with you mate , it's just not an is anymore .unless they change the design I'll be sticking with my model for a long time .i hate the new front grill , it's bad , I don't even like the new rcf that looks awful too.

But the interior compared to the 250 is awful .

Test drive the is300h yesterday, I must say very disappointing, for 40k there is a lot of cheap plastic after 8 yrs with the is250sel i'm finding myself looking else where I'm sad to say.

I'm with you mate , it's just not an is anymore .unless they change the design I'll be sticking with my model for a long time .i hate the new front grill , it's bad , I don't even like the new rcf that looks awful too.

But the interior compared to the 250 is awful .

They both look ace! The pictures dont look too good but its really something special in person! I havent seen the RCF though but it looks great! Much more aggressive than the IS-F. Unlike you, I hated the old IS - felt the interior was lacking any sort of design whatsoever, and the buttons felt cheap, the new one feels more special!

• 2 months later...

IS300h comes third! Merc 2nd and BMW 1st. Audi A5 4th and Infiniti Q50 5th.

Lexus is penalised for the Car Mag's own long term test F Sport model only doing 38mpg, compared to the rest doing 45+ and apparently the handling not living up to the styling - whatever that means.

Basically, very respectable as it was never going to beat the two manufacturers who contribute such high advertising margins. ;)

• 4 weeks later...

Just taken delivery of my F Sport in Ultra Blue (no sat nav or leather) and have to say I am delighted with most of the car. Have just come from an A3 Quattro BE and had a BMW 320 before that.

As long as the UK motoring press continue to give tainted reviews why worry? If it means that more BMW and Audi drivers stick to the German cars then it also means that there are fewer IS300s on the road. That is a big part of the attraction for me - having something different. The truth will out eventually and we will complain that our unique cars are now too common.

Be careful what you wish for!

This week's Auto Express has it's New Car awards. The Lexus IS is commended with the new Mercedes C-Class (no Audi A4!). Typically the 3-series is best compact executive.

As it's a Special issue it's in the shops for at least 3 weeks. You can also see the same info in the second link below:

http://www.autoexpress.co.uk/car-news/63972/weeks-issue-auto-express

http://www.autoexpress.co.uk/best-cars/87836/new-car-awards-2014-the-winners

Yes but it's NEW Car Awards 2014. Audi A4 is very very old (released Feb 2008 with new model due 2015) so it was disqualified I guess! 3, IS, C-Class all released in the past 2 years.

Thats not true, Audi A4 is not in because its rubbish. The BMW 3 series wasnt released in 2014 was it???!?!

^ Nice double page spread in AE btw. You have tomorrow to read it unless it appears online.

Yep - read it in the local supermarket yesterday. Another article showing how changing your driving style to suit the hybrid drivetrain can improve mpg by 10%, as they got their Premier model (18", wide wheels) up from 45 to 53mpg. Tips offered were - greater anticipation, leave bigger gaps, let the car slow naturally, don't stamp on the brakes and put it in Eco mode! Not rocket science. There was also a comment about road noise too.

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links