Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

I have recently bought a lexus is200 and have 2 questions.

Is it a sport? It says its a sport on cartell.ie and insurance say its sport but it doesnt have the tinted windows or the crome pedels or crome sills but has sunroof and black interior with heated seats. is it really a sport??

+

When i jacked the car up and put the car into second gear then spun the wheels one spun forward the other spun the oppisite way. I got my friend to hold one wheel while i tryed to spin the other but it didnt move.

When i do a burn out on dry cement both wheels will spin and sometimes it will only spin one as i have tried this a few times. Could it be diff oil?

The car will also only do a donut in wet!

Can someone help me with this its doing my head in!!

What does it say on your V5 document? It will either say Lexus IS200 Sport, Lexus IS200 SE or just Lexus IS200 if it's an S model.

It does t sound like a sport to be honest, sounds very much like an SE with no alloy pedals, window tints etc...

The Sport has a Torsen LSD by the way.

Of you want a definite answer simply call your local Lexus dealer and give them the reg. Theyll tell you exactly what model it is.

What does it say on your V5 document? It will either say Lexus IS200 Sport, Lexus IS200 SE or just Lexus IS200 if it's an S model.

It does t sound like a sport to be honest, sounds very much like an SE with no alloy pedals, window tints etc...

The Sport has a Torsen LSD by the way.

Of you want a definite answer simply call your local Lexus dealer and give them the reg. Theyll tell you exactly what model it is.

On my v5 it says in an is200 whats the difference in between the s model and the others and is there and performance difference?

No performance difference between any models of IS200.

S, SE, and Sport are mainly trim level differences.

S was cloth interior, with non electric and non heated seats. I think both manual and automatic gearboxes, 16" wheels

SE was half leather, heated and electric seats, both manual and auto, 17" wheels

Sport was same interior as SE, only manual 'box, slightly different suspension (not 100% sure it's stiffer, but it is lower), few bits of chrome/ally inside (sill plates, pedals, different gear knob), 17" wheels.

Full list here - http://lexusownersclub.co.uk/articles/UK%20Lexus%20Spec%20Sheet%20IS200.pdf

No performance difference between any models of IS200.

S, SE, and Sport are mainly trim level differences.

S was cloth interior, with non electric and non heated seats. I think both manual and automatic gearboxes, 16" wheels

SE was half leather, heated and electric seats, both manual and auto, 17" wheels

Sport was same interior as SE, only manual 'box, slightly different suspension (not 100% sure it's stiffer, but it is lower), few bits of chrome/ally inside (sill plates, pedals, different gear knob), 17" wheels.

Full list here - http://lexusownersclub.co.uk/articles/UK%20Lexus%20Spec%20Sheet%20IS200.pdf

thanks for the info...all these parts can be easily changed because on the plate about my bulkhead it says A02B which means it has a LSD therefore meaning it is sport would i b right?

was the vehicle Lexus GB supplied or from Ireland / Europe? Trim levels vary between countries.

The car is in ireland but i think it was imported from the uk because there is a dealer sticker on the back window from the uk

My SE had all black steering wheel, my mates sport had 2-tone, maybe another clue there

most sports have the two-tone steering wheel although my old one didn't - I didn't have it from new so I never knew if it came out of the factor like that or it was changed at a later date.

Yes, the "B" denotes LSD.

A01A - 3.916 ratio Open Centre A01B - 3.916 ratio Torsen LSD A02A - 4.083 ratio Open Centre A02B - 4.083 ratio Torsen LSD

If my oil was low in the diff would that cause the car to 1 wheel ?

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links