Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Passenger Heated Seat - Not Illuminated

Hi All

Old member back with a Lexus after 4 year hiatus, had first and second gen (as posts will attain to!) and now back with the exact same first gen model except in blue not silver (my 250 was blue!?)

Car is running lovely, had a 300 mile drive home from buying it and its just as I remember even with 117k on the clock, just as silky and smooth as ever!

Found one issue last night, the passenger heated seat button isn't illuminating orange as it should, the drivers one is fine. Can't remember if they lit up too but the traction control and snow buttons aren't either (have a feeling they didn't).

Can anyone point to a fix / guide for it?

Help will be rewarded with full pics of the car in all her glory!

hi they both(heated seat switches)should light up,so most likely a case of a blown bulb,I am sure there a threads on here somewhere regarding how to change them.

And no the trc and snow buttons don't light up but they have a light on the dash saying snow and trc off.

Your the 2nd person now that I know of that went back to the 1st gen after having a 2nd gen. 1st gen Just better to drive aren't they :whistling:

Hi. My passenger doesnt work either. I was in touch with someone who found the likely problem and gave me info to fix the fault. I havent gotten around to it, i will before winter hits. Ill try and find the thread....

And no the trc and snow buttons don't light up but they have a light on the dash saying snow and trc off.

Your the 2nd person now that I know of that went back to the 1st gen after having a 2nd gen. 1st gen Just better to drive aren't they :whistling:

Much better man, got on some A roads today whereas yesterday was all motorway! There's just something about the first gen with styling kit for me, love it.

Thanks, I thought I was right about the other two buttons.

Hi. My passenger doesnt work either. I was in touch with someone who found the likely problem and gave me info to fix the fault. I havent gotten around to it, i will before winter hits. Ill try and find the thread....

Cheers man.

If we're close could do it together, never touched my old one but realise ownership now is gonna have to include getting my hands dirty.

Very nice. Mine also has the TTE kit and it did have the aero alloys on it. I've still got all 5 sitting in my spare bedroom. Can't bring myself to sell them, I like having two sets of 18" wheels. When the wife asks why I need two sets of wheels my response is why do you need 30 pairs of high heels? :lol: soon shuts her up! :lol:

• Like 3

You need to get spme grain of wheat bulbs off eBay.

Bulb_5mm_Grain_Of_Wheat_Standard_Brightn

Or you can get them in maplins but their over £2 each there!

Get white not orange as the switch has an orange lens in it already.

just remove the old bulb in its holder then remove the bulb by undoing the wire thats wrapped around the holder, refit using new bulb and your good to go.

Place you hand in the slot underneath then while pushing up to give grip slide the mounting plate out, you'll understand when you get it out.

Then the switches can be pushed through from the back.

Thanks jomo, see what you mean! Nice and easy is just what I like!

Got one of the drivers to pick me up one from maplin but it was twice the size so I'll pop in myself and if no joy then eBay it is.

Ok, glad i could help.

I bought a load off eBay as they were sooo much cheaper, but they came pre-soldered to lengths of wire, but no biggy just cut wire off and there was still enough "leg" on the bulb to do the trick.

Guys my trc light/snow both light up same bulbs in them as in the heated seat switches I had some spare r286 led/SMD bulbs laying about so I choped and sanded them down to fit now I have white led buttons :-)

Well stop bragging about them and get some pic's up of how you did them and the final product shots!!!

• Like 1

Guys my trc light/snow both light up same bulbs in them as in the heated seat switches I had some spare r286 led/SMD bulbs laying about so I choped and sanded them down to fit now I have white led buttons :-)

so just to make sure, its R286 bulbs for heated seat/TRC/SNOW buttons? (+ a bit of sanding ;))

Hi Caspa, welcome back and pleased to hear your enjoying your new IS, looks nice too!

Cheers! Loving it, so much fun to drive. I'd kinda forgot.

Already put 600 on her.

• 1 month later...

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links