Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Fuel Pump Problem *help*

Hi everyone, hope everyone's enjoying this lovely weather?

Well as the title says I'm having fuel pump problems, now my baby broke down on me last night and I had to get a fellow is200 member ( lexusbingo ) to come out and tow me home lol, so this morning I run my diagnostics machine and found no faults?????? Strange anyways I then rung my brake down cover up and had them see if they could start it, he got it to start by spraying some carb spay into the carb and she fired up but as soon as he stopped so did she, so I've got a fuel problem with it getting to the carb so he thinks its the fuel pump, and I also think he right as I've been having problems with it for a while now.

So my question is do you think the same and if so how easy is it to change the fuel pump?

I've looked online and seen a few second hand ones for about £50 but don't yet no how much for a new one so if anyone knows the price for a new one?

Thanks for any help

Lewis

Is the fuel pump actually running? What is the fuel pressure?

A fuel pump from Lexus is going to be around £300 but there is a fuel filter which could be clogged. I believe they are around £50 from Lexus but third party filters are available for about £15.

To change the filter and/or pump you need to remove the rear seats, there is service hatch under the seat which gives you access to the pump in the tank. You should replace the gasket when refitting to seal the tank.

Is the fuel pump actually running? What is the fuel pressure?

A fuel pump from Lexus is going to be around £300 but there is a fuel filter which could be clogged. I believe they are around £50 from Lexus but third party filters are available for about £15.

To change the filter and/or pump you need to remove the rear seats, there is service hatch under the seat which gives you access to the pump in the tank. You should replace the gasket when refitting to seal the tank.

Hi thanks for your reply mate, I'm not sure if its running or at what pressure it's running? How could I check that? Also the brake down guy didn't check that? He seemed to think it was definitely the pump lol?

Mine went on me a few months ago.. It become intermittent and worked now and then until it completely stops.. Can you hear a humming noise ? The pump is located under the back seat passenger seat and can be accessed and replaced with a few tools.

Good tip for you when it won't start.. Get someone with a light hammer to tap the top of the pump (under the back seat) as yo turn it over and it will start for you. I got a second hand complete unit off eBay for £60 .