Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Pwr And Snow Illuminated?

^^ what Chris said; my TRC and SNOW buttons don't light up either, but I believe the seat warmer buttons do.

No idea on the PWR button though, I gather that it is for automatics only?

I thought the manual had PWR button too? (ECT PWR)

I do not have a PWR button. . . I drive using the snow mode all the time . . So I have no PWR . . ;-)

Also, the snow and TRC buttons do not light up. And don't make them and don't make them blue!

I have an is200 auto as you know and all the buttons light at night for me. The one in between the heated seat switches and the ones at side of auto gear changer.

The switches light up but they dont have an NO light on the switch, they just light up on the dash cluster when switched on.

327832_10150987607991712_1518345078_o.jp

I thought the manual had PWR button too? (ECT PWR)

I certainly wish it did, if ECT PWR stood for "Extra Power" :lol:

Dont worry, even if it does stand for that it not giving you anything you cant do in the manual. Its basically telling the auto box to stop shifting like a grandma to save fuel and give me everything the cars got! and it works. Being a manual you can do what the heck you like and your in full control of the gears. D on any auto will always be geared for fuel economy, more so for autos that arent adaptive of course. Its really good the IS has this button to get it out of those habbits when required

Anyway back to the topic, thanks for clearing this up, sorry if it was a dumb question lol, for some reason i swore they used to light up lol and yes ive had the car a year. dumb dumb dumb dumb dumb (south park anyone?) lol

the switch themselves don't light up when pressed ON, only show on the dash.

with side or head lights on the switches light up like the heated seats etc.

hope not created confusion - :innocent:

Ok yeah i am confused. So your saying with the headlight on they illuminate all the time just like all the gear selections do, D, 3 2 L N P R. Ok so im assuming manual has SNOW button by TRC button located where heated seats are - ok, but im not talking about them. Im talking about the 2 buttons by the gear selector on the auto (SNOW is not there on the auto we just have one big TRC button) I know onces pushed SNOW comes on the dash along side ECT PWR, but my question was should the buttons themselves iluminate at night all the time like the gear selector does.

Only reason i ask is i thought they did and ive had random interior bulbs go out quite frequently, but cant quite remember with those

Ok yeah i am confused. So your saying with the headlight on they illuminate all the time just like all the gear selections do, D, 3 2 L N P R. Ok so im assuming manual has SNOW button by TRC button located where heated seats are - ok, but im not talking about them. Im talking about the 2 buttons by the gear selector on the auto (SNOW is not there on the auto we just have one big TRC button) I know onces pushed SNOW comes on the dash along side ECT PWR, but my question was should the buttons themselves iluminate at night all the time like the gear selector does.

Only reason i ask is i thought they did and ive had random interior bulbs go out quite frequently, but cant quite remember with those

They should light up just like the heated seat buttons they have little T3 bulbs in the buttons i changed mines a few months ago as my snow and trc button didn't light up fitted new bulbs and they light up just like the heat seat ones :D

Trc and snow ARE illuminated when your lights are turned on all your climate lights should be on including both front seats and trc/snow see the pic abut further up that shows exactly what yours should look like minus the LEDs

Seems there is alot of confusion so i have taken a picture of what i mean. Im not talking about heated seats and TRC buttons located under the radio, i know these light up. On the automatic SNOW and PWR are located on the shift selector shown below, i am asking if these should light up. Anyone who owns a manual prob wont know the answer lol, anyway ive come to the conclusion they should be lit

2013-07-30_07-56-02_925_zps7cdbb78a.jpg

2013-07-30_07-55-36_181_zps8eee15eb.jpg

However on the subject or heated seat and TRC buttons, when doing a LED conversion is it possible to use LED in those too? im about to do it but couldnt help but notice the picture above still had red bulbs in

The switches light up but they dont have an NO light on the switch, they just light up on the dash cluster when switched on.

Hi mate, i know this is off topic, but just a quickie. Is it not possible to put LEDs in the heated seat and TRC/SNOW buttons too?

• Like 1

Hi mate, i know this is off topic, but just a quickie. Is it not possible to put LEDs in the heated seat and TRC/SNOW buttons too?

I'm with you PetayV8. My buttons don't like up when I put the lights on, but mine are to the right and the two heated seats buttons are next to each other.

That's where the buttons should be, Stuart. The ones in the picture have been moved.

The switches are all the same size and interchangeable, so lots of people swap the TRC/SNOW button into the middle to make things more symmetrical.

For what it's worth, my button doesn't illuminate either. Until now, I had assumed it wasn't supposed to.

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links