Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Tremendous(Unheard Of) Turbine Problem

Hello to all,

I need desperately an advice or maybe an idea for my problem. I know the next story is not too short, but I have tried to explain the situation.

I own a 220d Lexus from 2007, 150.000KM.
2 months ago I had a problem with the turbine (turbocharger). The turbine didn’t want to enter at the normal 2200 RPM speed, but just after 3500 RPM in any gear.
I went with it at Lexus Dealer, at Toyota Dealer and 2 more authorized dealers. None of them found any error in the computers, and couldn’t tell the problem.
They found that my EGR was dirty, so they cleaned it up. They have also tried a new flow meter, but for nothing. The problem was still there. They reconditioned the Turbine , they found that the second EGR that is controlling the turbine was broken. So they changed it up.

After that, I have seen few changes.
1. The consumption was from 11-12 L/100Km to 13-13.5L/100Km.
2. The turbine entering at 1800 RPM, not at 2200 as is used to.
3. The Air conditioner dropped to low… ( I still felt it but not as before ). I changed the Freon, it’s more better but not as before.
4. The Ventilated Seats doesn’t work anymore. ( the LED light is fine, the heat is ok, the fuses are ok , no errors at all)

After 1 week, I have found another problem.
When the heat outside is over 30 C, after 15-20 minutes of driving, I have problems with me turbine. It doesn’t enter in use, or it is enter whenever it wants (2000RPM, 2500RPM, 3000 RPM, 3500 RPM, or even at all, random). If I let the car to cool down, I have no problems until it get hot again.
This heat is not necessary the reason(I have rarely this symptom even on cold) , but when is heated is happening often rather is cold.

I have taken the car to many dealers, and Lexus… and they didn’t find any problem at all. They say to me that is the reason is the computer(software), that hardware doesn’t have any problem at all, checked again the turbine and EGR said that it’s OK.

They advised me to sell the car in the next winter…. I don’t want to do it …. ((

Thank you in advance for your help !

After exactly 60 seconds, the left headlight Xenon bubs turns off. If I turn of the lights and turn on again, the bulb is working. After another 60 seconds, it will turn off again. And so on ... :( Again, no errors found.,..

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links