Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Service Interval Ofr New Is300H ?

• 3 weeks later...
  • 5 weeks later...

Thanks Ian J. Parsley..

I currently drive the the 220d. I find the 10,000 miles interval too short, I reach that in approx 8 months,,even if the interval of the 300H is 12K , i think it is too short compared with the 20K of German brands.

I'm thinking of changing to the 300H..

• 5 months later...

I've just received the quote for my new IS 300h service plan which clearly states a service interval of 12,500 miles, so different again to the figures already quoted on this thread. I also checked with my dealer, Lexus Nottingham, and they also confirmed it's 12,500 with the normal Type A service then Type B, as it was on my IS 250 SE-L.

Seems odd that there should be conflicting mileages being quoted by different Lexus dealers and I suppose the only way I'll know for sure is when I get the service book and see what it says.

Robert

• 3 weeks later...

Quick update on this thread.

I've now got my new car and the service book notes there are different service intervals. It says:

• For private customers who typically drive lower mileage with frequent cold starts and shorter journeys, we recommend a 10,000 mile / 1 year regime.
  • For private customers who typically drive higher mileage with regular long distance driving at a constant speed we recommend a 12,500 mile / 1 year regime.

I fall into the latter category as I use my car for business purposes so the service plan with intervals of 12,500 is correct for me. I have to admit I've never come across variable service intervals like this before but this is my first Hybrid, so it must be one of the additional benefits of hybrid technology.

Robert

My current Vauxhall is 20k or 12mths, but has variable intervals based on oil life which is calculated automatically according to driving profile. Lots of short trips around town can be just as bad as repeated long trips up motorways.

• 6 months later...

At 10,000 mine started showing the oil and filter warning on the main screen. Just rung Lex Autolease who confirm it's 10k intervals.

Booked in for Tuesday when should also get the latest Infotainment Firmware. Phone is the frankly sh1te, can disappear for an hour at a time and even a reboot of the radio/nav it won't come back. At least a reboot normally gets my ipod going when it goes missing.

Car = 10/10 Love IT

Infotainment = 4/10 and I'm being generous at that.

• 2 weeks later...

Very similar to last post - it's 10k or one year in my case, which happened to coincide to within about 50 miles!

And yes, the car is superb and the infotainment not so much. I may stretch to 10/10 and 5/10! I would say that the first year of a model is always one which will have the odd gremlin (I think the IS has surprisingly few) - I'd be interested to hear if it is much better on MY2015 or MY2016 versions.