Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Have Done It.

Ordered a 250 luxury with sat nav today, for delivery late oct. early nov. only had my present 250 two years in sept., had a test drive on wed. and could not help myself, can't wait.

Ordered a 250 luxury with sat nav today, for delivery late oct. early nov. only had my present 250 two years in sept., had a test drive on wed. and could not help myself, can't wait.

I bet late October/early November now seems like light years away!

Acre

You are right it does a distance away, but something to look forward to when those dark nights are setting in.

Going back on mon. for a second test drive so that isn't far away.

So youve ordered the 250 with gears and 6 cylinders - good choice, i think ide do the same as MPG has never bothered me (not like is bad anyway) and as much as ppl have praised this 4 cylinder in the 300h i doubt it has the same nature as a nice sounding and smooth 6 cylinder. The 250 is sooo much cheaper too. like 5k isnt it?

So youve ordered the 250 with gears and 6 cylinders - good choice, i think ide do the same as MPG has never bothered me (not like is bad anyway) and as much as ppl have praised this 4 cylinder in the 300h i doubt it has the same nature as a nice sounding and smooth 6 cylinder. The 250 is sooo much cheaper too. like 5k isnt it?

All down to what you really want in an engine - personally I want refinement so the hybrid suits me perfectly - to be honest one of the main reasons that I traded in my IS250 four years ago and moved to Audi was the fact that the engine, even then, was a little outdated and thirsty. If I remember rightly the road tax was going to be £400 :eerrrmm: Hopefully it has received a few updates in that time which makes it a bit more acceptable.

V8

Yes, I do less than 8k a year so mpg is not a major concern, and 3k ( the difference between the 250 and 300h ) buys a few gallons,

Honest John ( motoring writer in the Daily Telegraph ) says the v6/ auto box in the IS is the best he has driven, I haven't had much experience of auto's but it's the best I've had the pleasure of driving.

Hurry up those dark nights.

Yeah tax can be a killer on some new cars. Very frustrating. Its almost like the government tell you what your allowed to drive. Audi have been defying physics recently with there engines (petrols). Is there a catch tho. Reliabilty?

Well I must admit I look at it the other way around - if I'm going to take a risk on a hybrid, I should be rewarded!

Living in Northern Ireland, I appreciate the UK tax regime is nothing like as punitive as the Republic of Ireland's, where a combination of high road duty and taxing options has seen car sales plummet.

V8

Yes, I do less than 8k a year so mpg is not a major concern, and 3k ( the difference between the 250 and 300h ) buys a few gallons,

Honest John ( motoring writer in the Daily Telegraph ) says the v6/ auto box in the IS is the best he has driven, I haven't had much experience of auto's but it's the best I've had the pleasure of driving.

Hurry up those dark nights.

Agree with you on the auto box, nothing I've driven comes close. I don't do a high mileage and running costs aren't my number one priority, at some point in the distant future I will spend plenty time driving both variants before I take the plunge.

Mine's four years old soon and, like the day I bought it, is a joy to drive.

Exiled

Had a second test drive today, it is a stunning car, had a play with the mouse like control which as had mixed reviews and it seems fine, easy to navigate even though you are using your left hand.

Ian J

What colour combination did you go for? I've gone for arctic pearl with light grey trim, I haven't seen pearl in the flesh so I hope I've picked well.

Had a quick spin in a F Sport that speedo is pretty cool.

Has anybody seen arctic pearl and can offer a opinion?

D

Agree entirely, including re the mouse controller. Yeah occasionally I miss my intended target but not as often as with the dial in my wife's Audi!

I have black metallic (celestial I think they call it) and black interior; I haven't seen arctic pearl but it's tempting, and I'm sure you'll enjoy the contrast.

Silver Arrow

I was driving the new 250 today and even though I hadn't much of a opportunity to warm it's a*** ( the salesman was with me )

I got the impression it was more responsive than my current 250.

A quick check of the specs. and it would appear the max. torque is up from 186nm to 252, which can only be good.

God oct/nov seem a long way away.

D