Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Mk4 Lexy Spanks A "jaaaag"

I know Mr. Plod would not be at all pleased, but I'm sorry, it was just toooo tempting. I was on my way to work in my Mk4 when it happened. I entered a roundabout at the same time as a Jaguar XF and on exiting it, there lay before us a very empty, very straight dual carriage way. He was in the right hand lane and I was in the left. He thought I was 'easy pickings' and decided to 'have me' .... and I decided he wouldn't. We both 'floored it' and for about a quarter of a mile there was nothing in it, but by half a mile the Lexus was three or four car lengths ahead. We then slowed (very considerably) for the next roundabout (no traffic) but he mysteriously held back as we entered the next length of dual carriageway! I wonder why? (If the Jag was supercharged it might have been another story though). I know it was juvenile (and very naughty) but boy, was it fun. And all this on LPG!

I know Mr. Plod would not be at all pleased, but I'm sorry, it was just toooo tempting. I was on my way to work in my Mk4 when it happened. I entered a roundabout at the same time as a Jaguar XF and on exiting it, there lay before us a very empty, very straight dual carriage way. He was in the right hand lane and I was in the left. He thought I was 'easy pickings' and decided to 'have me' .... and I decided he wouldn't. We both 'floored it' and for about a quarter of a mile there was nothing in it, but by half a mile the Lexus was three or four car lengths ahead. We then slowed (very considerably) for the next roundabout (no traffic) but he mysteriously held back as we entered the next length of dual carriageway! I wonder why? (If the Jag was supercharged it might have been another story though). I know it was juvenile (and very naughty) but boy, was it fun. And all this on LPG!

I have to confess to the same childish experience with a supercharged mini, and S type Jag, an E class Merc and various other things......

(Anonymous)

Me too the other day with a 13 plate Merc sports thingy ......... 115 on the straight up to ..??????? bridge on the A..?, easy pickings for me really, before he chickened out and dropped into the nearside behind me !

Malc

I had the same - sat waiting for the lights to change at a roundabout, when a Bmw 120? (badges removed) with a private plate pulled up next to me. We both turned right onto the dual carriageway and he floored it.....so did I - he wasn't getting away at all and I looked down at my speedo when we were neck and neck 'ooops sorry officer' only problem is that I was in the left hand lane and ran out of road as a lorry was in the way....and he turned off at the next exit so our little duel ended.

Also was on a single carriageway a few weeks ago when a 2009 Audi A8 loomed large in my mirror and weaved about slightly as if to say 'I'm gonna get past you in your old barge' my response was to press the gas into the wilton and he vanished to a spec very quickly indeed.

I had the same - sat waiting for the lights to change at a roundabout, when a Bmw 120? (badges removed) with a private plate pulled up next to me. We both turned right onto the dual carriageway and he floored it.....so did I - he wasn't getting away at all and I looked down at my speedo when we were neck and neck 'ooops sorry officer' only problem is that I was in the left hand lane and ran out of road as a lorry was in the way....and he turned off at the next exit so our little duel ended.

Also was on a single carriageway a few weeks ago when a 2009 Audi A8 loomed large in my mirror and weaved about slightly as if to say 'I'm gonna get past you in your old barge' my response was to press the gas into the wilton and he vanished to a spec very quickly indeed.

Lots of confessions being heard today! And according to Quentin Wilson it's Axminster not Wilton, both of them of course a fine woven carpet. :driving:

I have never really understood why these people have the badges taken off as we all know the reason why they have done it and they just advertise they don't have the top of the range V12 engine but the bottom of the range with a 2 CV engine. Mike

I agree, after all you know these cars without badges have an 'el boggo' engine and spec....likewise I always misunderstand why people stick an M5 badge on a 518/520i. The word that springs to mind is 'berk' (a word that is so underused these days) :)

• Like 2

Someone other than me left a Porsche Boxster S with there pants down just entering the M56 from the A556 returning from family hols 4 of us and a boot full of luggage, the guy was right up my backside quick press kick down as we came out of the bend onto the 56 and he was all but gone, he caught up with me on the outside lane as i eased off and gave me a glance as he overtook me, try that in your box with 4 people and 3 suitcases dreamer.

Someone other than me left a Porsche Boxster S with there pants down just entering the M56 from the A556 returning from family hols 4 of us and a boot full of luggage, the guy was right up my backside quick press kick down as we came out of the bend onto the 56 and he was all but gone, he caught up with me on the outside lane as i eased off and gave me a glance as he overtook me, try that in your box with 4 people and 3 suitcases dreamer.

A pure case of 'av somma thaaaaaat'

• Like 1

Its one of the reasons I drive a 4 litre V8. I even have Peugeots and Corsas trying it on here in Cheshire. It amuses my wife no end as they disappear from view behind us, so much so that even she has started burning off boy racers if they even think about pulling past at the lights. I think I need to think twice about lending her my car.

Nah, driving a Ls400 can be the most exciting thrill on 4 wheels if you want it to be .... there's not much else in the way of an ordinary saloon car on the road that can compete on speed and acceleration and the sheer delight of POWER ........... or one can drive it sedately and be that total wolf in sheep's clothing ......... waiting to pounce :winky:

Malc

i was driving thro the new forest a31 at around midnight the other night ,back from poole,i was cruising at 70/80 in supreme silence and comfort,on a clear bit i floored the loud pedal,amazing how quick that old barge can get you up to licence losing velocity,and still very composed and smooth,that engine is a lovely bit of kit

• Like 1

A pure case of 'av somma thaaaaaat'

I'd question if he was even trying - a Boxster S is a much, much quicker car than an LS. My old TVR Chimaera could beat a Boxster S, but there wasn't a huge amount in it. The Chim could do 0-60 in under 5 seconds.

• 5 weeks later...

I did test my LS400 from 1998 model year against Mercedes-Benz W201. The MB had 5-cylinder diesel engine and a turbocharger from a truck, about 300hp and lot of black smoke.

First 200 meters there was no difference between the cars, finally after 200 meters MB started to go past my LS. I was suprised since the MB felt really rough when I was sitting next to the driver later on.

This was in closed airport track btw.