Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Servicing Costs

It cetainly does, the Lexus service plan for the IS models (which for some reason does not include the IS300h) is £159.00 for a minor and £299.00 for a major service.

Assuming the hybrid rates are the same this would work out cheaper than you have been quoted at £757.00.

http://www.lexus.co.uk/owners/lexus-servicing/#/LexusServicePlans

Not sure what Lexus are playing at. Their finance, depreciation and services costs are so far out with the competition. You can purchase a 5 year / 50,000 service plan when you purchase a 3 series BMW for £425. 5 year / 60,000 miles for £749 on a Range Rover sport etc.

I have just paid £445 for a full service on a GS450h, although

they ordinary quoted me £570, so shop around and play one dealership of against

the other.

Just in case anybody looks for this:

Intermediate Service: £245

Full Service: £445

These are from Listers Lexus in Coventry

More than Audi too, 2.7tdi is £189 & £375, as a comparison. What do they do on the service, to justify those prices, they do seem expensive.

Just in case anybody looks for this:

Intermediate Service: £245

Full Service: £445

These are from Listers Lexus in Coventry

More than Audi too, 2.7tdi is £189 & £375, as a comparison. What do they do on the service, to justify those prices, they do seem expensive.

they do less work than Audi, and occurs more frequently too. Lexus labour rates and the amount they charge for oil is extreme.

I've just had my first 10,000 service, and although I have a service plan I still receive an invoice. The total was £161.53. Can't argue with that I don't think.

I had a brand new RX450h Advance on loan. I enjoyed the ride height and acceleration but going round corners at any speed and I felt like I was in a boat. Reminded me why I discounted it. It also reminded me of how much I enjoyed the ride in the GS450h F Sport I test drove, and how I couldn't make the budget work either. Think I still prefer the look of the IS, would love that 450h engine in it though.

I've just had my first 10,000 service, and although I have a service plan I still receive an invoice. The total was £161.53. Can't argue with that I don't think.

Well that would depend what price they told you when you discussed the service plan and they tried to convince you to sign up ;)

TBH....anything more than £100 for the glorified oil change and checks that most cars receive at an interim service is a rip-off, but all manufacturers try to 'big up' the work that they do.

Well that would depend what price they told you when you discussed the service plan and they tried to convince you to sign up ;)

TBH....anything more than £100 for the glorified oil change and checks that most cars receive at an interim service is a rip-off, but all manufacturers try to 'big up' the work that they do.

Well not really in my case. I had a service plan for my IS250 which had one service left on it when I bought the IS300h. I transferred the remaining balance onto the new car and my new service plan is now £5 per month covering 3 services. Of the £161 £67.50 was labour. No complaints from me.

Relatively speaking Lexus Servicing is cheaper than the German Marques.When I chose my ISF Servicing & Extended Warranty Costs were c.30% less than the M3 & AMG costs & my 5 year Inchcape Servicing Plan is £22 per month for my F-Sport.

Tel

• 2 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...

As a new owner of the hybrid - 6 weeks now - I was shocked by the service plan quote I received. My fault perhaps for not asking the question first, but the £1200 quote I had for 3 services seemed way too expensive compared to my 3 service plan on the 200d - about £800. I was told the difference was that I will cover 2 major and 1 minor service for new car compared to reverse for last car. As indicated above, difference between the 2 is rather large.

Has anyone looked at keeping warranty compliant with service done by non Lexus dealer?

Has anyone looked at keeping warranty compliant with service done by non Lexus dealer?

Under EU rules that's no longer an issue i.e. The manufacturer can not enforce you to have a car serviced by them just to maintain the warranty. They can only insist it is serviced to their spec, so to cover your arse its a good idea to ask your third party to use genuine Lexus parts

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links