Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

rajesh

Hello.

First i like to say sorry it’s been so long....been working in PARIS for 2 years while the MRS uses my Baby Lexus.

I hope i can get some light on this matter, and advice. -

It all started in July 2013, when my car was due for a MOT and Service - the car failed with some areas most issues where small light bulbs / wipers etc - however the main problem was the Emissions were too high and failed.

The garage informed me it could be one of the sensors, so i shopped around and got them to change the sensor - however it still failed. Then the garage came to the answer as its your CAT - and that big bucks £800 - £1000 when my Baby is only worth £700 :(

i started to do some research and was advised to use CATACLEAN - so gave that a try, you cannot believe it, it worked PASSED.

The MOT report came back with one issue that will need repairing/replace "rear shocks".

i started to feel the car drove different - it started to delay on a stop position (transmission issue) i was told. (Refurbished gear-box 2 years ago). The car continues having this problem, so could not trust the car will pull off when needed.

And on Thursday 15th Aug the hand break light came on (not a problem) however that night on the way home the engine light flashed 3 times and did this twice. Once got home after 6 minutes on the road - parked on the drive and walked around the car and smelled burning rubber...!

i turned to the Mrs and informed her, " i think our baby is due to die " and may have to let her go. taking account the problems we have with the car that needs attention.

What are your thoughts

Before you bin it, check trans for correct fluid level.

Check what is hot and smelling , brakes binding?,hand brake not releasing properly?etc.

Check usual service levels, all fluids ,pads etc for binding, don't rely on the MOT!

Have a good look round, you might rescue it!

At the end of the day, It's down to how much are you willing to spend to keep the car on the road. Also how attached you are to it.

Some people spend a fortune to keep them going, or if you are like my next door neighbour sells them if exhaust needs doing. :)

aw this is a shame, mine just sailed through its MOT

btw after a long run or maybe if ive given it some welly i can smell burning rubber type smell when i get out coming from rear, ive read this is normal

When ive ran into problems with this car ive always found its something simple after looking too hard for something serious

I wondering to use the car and drive it into a Lexus deal's garage to go throgh its IS system to find out all the faults. This will give me a full detail and cost. My issue is - will the car get bader as i drive the car while the engine light flashed last week.

I am in Potters Bar and the Lexus Dealer is in Hatfield - so a 25 min drive.

update -

My Local Car Garage has come back with the following -

you need to change the spark plugs - Ordered 6 new LEXUS IS200 IRIDIUM NGK SPARK PLUGS SET OF 6

You need to add one Coil Pack, - Ordered new QUALITY LEXUS 9091902230 IS200 GS430 IS300 LS430 SC430 IGNITION COIL PACK PENCIL

i hope the garage has read the system correctly and this will sort out my transmission issues when driving the car.