Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Vsc Off And Vsc Light On Dash Lexus Gs300

uk173

Forgot to mention this in my earlier post regarding oxygen sensor and lack of sudden pick up in my recently accquired lexus gs 300.When I initially had the car code read it was done by a friend who has a general obd scanner and I noticed that the vsc off and vsc lights came on. On reading earlier posts can see that cheaper scanners can trigger these lights and that they may be turned off by bridging two pins on the diagnostic plug.I have done this and my lights are still on.I presume they can only be done in one way with the plug being inthe correct orientation.My question is that does the bridging pin have to to go all the way down into the diagnostic pins or is it just a case of slightly inserting them. Also my car shudders a lot when braking and I suspect that the pads and discs need changing ...could this trigger the vsc lights? Finally ,with respect to my car not having a proper pick up when the gas pedal is floored [yet being ok if gas pedal gradually pressed], could it be that the cat is blocked and would that show up on a diagnostic scan.

I used a straightened out paper clip to bridge the pins on the obd connector. You should be able to push it in about a cm at least to ensure a good connection. In theory, it should be possible to do it from the diagnostic socket in the engine bay as long as you bridge the same pins. If mine ever come on again, I'll try it to confirm, but obviously I can't do that without the lights on.

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links