Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Lpg Converted !

Guest macash48

Hope you like them, I think it is a neat job. Don't know how much tank will actually hold as got to get it fully empty to fill.

Guessing about 300 mile ish range. Had Flashlube installed some say you need it some don't. Personally I don't want the possibility of a very large bill so being cautious as this car has only done 28,500 miles and yes it is correct mileage.

Unfortunately if someone had done that to my car I would be taking it back

The injectors will fit under the cover. The ecu will fit out of sight behind the driverside strut top and the vaporiser will fit behind the driverside fog light at the bottom.

Also the filler on the back is a bit low and is easily knocked when reversing and requires an adaptor.

Whole lot looks like it has been thrown in in less than a day. Does not justify a 4 day job unfortunately. I would expect a lot more for the money and time spent on that.

Also being an AEB system it will probably switch back to petrol at high revs.

However on a positive note...... Nice tank fitting. Shame about the rest of it. Hope it runs ok for you

p.s I am not trolling I am being truthful. My opinion and I have seen better work done quicker and cheaper.

Sorry about the filler I was looking at the photo on a low res phone and didn't see the towbar. That is actually quite neat. Still unimpressed about the underbonnet though. Hope it runs ok and you have no trouble out of it

Guest macash48

It is absolutely fine and if I may ask Adam what are your qualifications for such observations?

This is the problem with forums people seem to be nasty and sling mud co's I didn't put my business somebodies way.

I am very happy with the installation a UKLPG authorized person with many years experience independently checked it, yes looked at it not just signed it off over the phone as some installers do I believe.

I suggest you keep your rather sour comments to yourself

All I am doing is sharing my experience of an installation with members of this forum, I am not here for any one up man ship and if that is what is going to happen you are welcome to your small minded world.

And for your information you can lead foot it as hard s you like and it stays on LPG as it should!

Hope you like them, I think it is a neat job. Don't know how much tank will actually hold as got to get it fully empty to fill.

Guessing about 300 mile ish range. Had Flashlube installed some say you need it some don't. Personally I don't want the possibility of a very large bill so being cautious as this car has only done 28,500 miles and yes it is correct mileage.

You should get 74 liters on a complete empty to fill. Mike

Yes sorry about the towbar comment as I have already stated.

The tank is very neat as I have already said.

Is there a reason why it was "independantly" checked. Is the person who fitted the system not approved by UKLPG ???

I am not bothered where you take your business. I couldn't care less really but what I don't like to see is shoddy workmanship. It is a pet hate of mine. There is a set of pictures on this forum with LPG on the car and it looks professionally installed.

I just feel with people fighting for business these days they would put some effort into doing the work once they get the job.

Glad it doesn't switch back to petrol at high revs. That is a big plus.

See..... I am not all negative

I suppose that you don't have to open the bonnet with it being a lexus anyway as it will hardly ever brake so if it runs correctly it doesn really matter about the quality of the work

It is absolutely fine and if I may ask Adam what are your qualifications for such observations?

This is the problem with forums people seem to be nasty and sling mud co's I didn't put my business somebodies way.

I am very happy with the installation a UKLPG authorized person with many years experience independently checked it, yes looked at it not just signed it off over the phone as some installers do I believe.

I suggest you keep your rather sour comments to yourself

All I am doing is sharing my experience of an installation with members of this forum, I am not here for any one up man ship and if that is what ivations. s going to happen you are welcome to your small minded world.

And for your information you can lead foot it as hard s you like and it stays on LPG as it should!

I have to agree with Adam and his observations. There is no need for the Flash Lube system even though your car has only done 28K (very nice I envy you)

UKLPG are not authorised anything other than what they say they are. They are not an official body set up by the government to any other organizations. They have no more power than you or I. Trouble is that so many people swallow what they say because they have spread a web of lies over the years about what they can or cannot do.

My experience is spread over 16+ years of having LPG installed in my and my families cars.

Good luck with the install and enjoy your LPG motoring. Mike

I'm glad someone agrees with me. I don't want it to turn into a slanging match

also as for flashlube I admire you for putting it on your car eventhough it might not need it. It's better to have and not need rather than not have and need later when it's too late

Guest macash48

Again Adam I would like to know how you are such an authority on all things LPG do you work for somebody or run your own LPG company perhaps?

Again Adam I would like to know how you are such an authority on all things LPG do you work for somebody or run your own LPG company perhaps?

Come on boys there is no need for fighting. Life is to short for that. Mike

David, I'm glad you're pleased with your LPG conversion. I too have an Emer system fitted to my LS (2000) with doughnut tank and Flashlube. It is definately the best LPG system I've had fitted on any car and I've had a few. Can't fault it. Mine cost £1550, so you got a bargain there. To be honest my install does look a bit neater as my injectors are all under the cover but what the heck, you'll enjoy cheap(?) motoring with no discernable loss of performance from your nice low mileage LS. Good on yer.

I do not work for the "LPG police"

I couldn't care less who does it just get it done right. That doesn't look the best at all. And it seems if I hadn't had said it someone else would have. The problem now is whn your car needs a service people will not want to touch it as there are pipes and wires in a disorderly fashion which is a real shame on such a nice car.

If I was you I would at least ask the person who converted it to tidy it up a little bit.

Guest macash48

Titch

Hey I can live with one rail of injectors not under the cover as you rightly say I am happy with the install.

I hadn't really heard of EMER then did a bit of research and they have been going for years and yes it is a very reliable system.

Guest macash48

Adam

You are entitled to your opinion.

Actually Lexus Coventry are quite happy to service the car and I will happily pass your comments on to my installer who has 17 yrs experience .

I will however ask him why the injectors are not under the cover, but are at the correct orientation.

Guest macash48

As I say I do get rather suspicious of negative comments as they quite often have something less than well meaning lurking under the surface.

But as ever everybody is entitled to an opinion

As I say I do get rather suspicious of negative comments as they quite often have something less than well meaning lurking under the surface.

But as ever everybody is entitled to an opinion

Just because you don't agree with what someone else has said doesn't make it a Negative point.

Its just another point of view.

Mike

Absolutely everybody is entitled to an opinion. Tank is a nice neat job. Same as filler. It's just under bonnet. Believe me you will feel embarrassed showing that off if you see some others. At least it runs ok though

Guest macash48

And some people don't know when to stop voicing their opinion.

I will put it down to youthful exuberance rather than trolling.

Manners maketh the man

Guest macash48

It seem that the emer 34 injectors don't fit under the cover they are of a different design to other makes which I won't mention as I don't want to get into an argument about it. The ecu is larger than some others too which will limit where it can be placed. It is accessible where it is.

Whatever I am happy I've only had a couple of days but at least I can't hear the injectors chattering again you can with some other makes and I have not had to return to the installer for any reason. Some people don't even make it home or just get home before they start having problems.

Lpg conversion is a minefield reliability and performance is everything, why else do you think I have an LS400 nothing todo with the pure luxury, smooth silent V8 and wonderful torque honest guv. :driving: :D

Emer is an old donkey. Kinda like the ls400. It's big bulky and hard to hide stuff. So I see your point. But it can be done with a bit of effort

Never had dealings with emer injection. Only old emer mixers. They worked well. Hope it's ok for you.

Guest macash48

Adam

Well for someone who is supposed to be 23 I must say you have a very deep (sic) knowledge of all things LS400 and LPG.

I take it back not youthful exuberance much more troll like.

Life is far to short to waste on things like this.

It seem that the emer 34 injectors don't fit under the cover they are of a different design to other makes which I won't mention as I don't want to get into an argument about it. The ecu is larger than some others too which will limit where it can be placed. It is accessible where it is.

Whatever I am happy I've only had a couple of days but at least I can't hear the injectors chattering again you can with some other makes and I have not had to return to the installer for any reason. Some people don't even make it home or just get home before they start having problems.

Lpg conversion is a minefield reliability and performance is everything, why else do you think I have an LS400 nothing todo with the pure luxury, smooth silent V8 and wonderful torque honest guv. :driving: :D

Whatever I am happy I've only had a couple of days but at least I can't

hear the injectors chattering again you can with some other makes and I

have not had to return to the installer for any reason.

Sssh! don't tempt fate, its early days. The system will take a good 1000 miles to settle down when you can take it back to have all the settings checked and you should be on your way. Mike

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links