Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Lpg Converted !

Correct life is far too short

I totally agree with you

Credit where credit is due. The tank end and filler is perfect. Can't fault it, apart from the capacity but other than that its fitted well.

Unfortunately the only up-side is that the car runs fine.

I will be interested to see how many MPG it gets on LPG.

I am not trolling by any means at all. In my opinion it is messy and looks like it has been thrown in. Especially the way those injectors have been cable-tied to the ouside of that engine cover. Just drilled 2 holes and threaded cable-ties through. It is a bit crude

Looking at the curve of the cover on the picture of the injectors they would totally fit underneath it. To make it easier you could put 10mm spacers in the bolts that hold the cover down. Just looks too rushed to me.

Besides that also the comments about the UKLPG being a law amongst themselves why did you feel the need to have your car externally checked by another company ? Genuine question this is not a criticism at all.

If you are happy with the way it is running then thats great but for such an outstanding car that you have and such low mileage if it was mine I would want that to be a bit neater.

Hope this comes across correctly and not as if I am trolling because I am really not

Besides that also the comments about the UKLPG being a law amongst
themselves why did you feel the need to have your car externally checked
by another company ? Genuine question this is not a criticism at a
ll.

I think you will find that this wasn't something that David did off his own back but was fed the old story line if you want to be able to get the reduced Road Tax then you need to get a certificate off of UKLPG and send it too DVLA, they also say that Insurance companies wont insure unless you have that UKLPG certificate. True of maybe a couple of companies but one from the original installer has always been OK for me. The odd objection but then when they are put right about just what UKLPG is then all is OK and the DVLA has always accepted the certificate issued by the original installer. The sooner UKLPG are put down the better. Mike

Fair enough and I thought it was only reduced road tax on cars registered after 2001 as cars earlier on have "cheaper" road tax anyway !!!

Fair points anyway Mr Bluesman.

By the way your car was converted by Profess. Guessing it was done in a day.

Do you have an underbonnet pic so we can compare :P

I dont want anyone shooting me down but please just look here

http://www.lexusownersclub.co.uk/forum/topic/72355-ls400-lpg-converted/

The majority of the kit it put in the same place but it is so much nicer on the eye. Please say you agree

Fair enough and I thought it was only reduced road tax on cars registered after 2001 as cars earlier on have "cheaper" road tax anyway !!!

Fair points anyway Mr Bluesman.

By the way your car was converted by Profess. Guessing it was done in a day.

Do you have an underbonnet pic so we can compare :P

I dont want anyone shooting me down but please just look here

http://www.lexusownersclub.co.uk/forum/topic/72355-ls400-lpg-converted/

The majority of the kit it put in the same place but it is so much nicer on the eye. Please say you agree

I will post a couple of pics tomorrow. Tank install on mine is exactly the same but my filler is installed in the bumper and doesn't need a connector. There are some LPG stations that wont let you use them and there was also talk that they were going to make it illegal on all UK registered cars. I know that that type of filler fitting in Europe is quite common. What the reason for using them in the UK is a mystery as you have always got to use that connector to use UK LPG pumps.

Yes mine was done in a day and they have done 3 friends cars since I had mine done, all were done in a day and none have given any problems.

Yours looks a very nice neat install.

Guest macash48

Adam,

Why don't you just be honest you are not a 23 year old from Mersyside as you stated in a different thread looking to buy a LS400.

As for UKLPG I do not want to open that particular can of worms suffice to say no regulation from any quarter is good apparently?

That means we should have no regulator for Gas Boiler installs in houses, no regulator for electrical installs, health etc, that is in essence what you are advocating, is it? There should be some rules and regulation if not UKLPG then an official body.

But thankyou for bringing up the injectors fixings. Now no offence I have a life to be getting on with. I will leave you lot to have ago at someone else. TaTa have a nice life if that is possible! I am only interested in talking to genuine people who are who they say they are

Adam,

Why don't you just be honest you are not a 23 year old from Mersyside as you stated in a different thread looking to buy a LS400.

As for UKLPG I do not want to open that particular can of worms suffice to say no regulation from any quarter is good apparently?

That means we should have no regulator for Gas Boiler installs in houses, no regulator for electrical installs, health etc, that is in essence what you are advocating, is it? There should be some rules and regulation if not UKLPG then an official body.

But thankyou for bringing up the injectors fixings. Now no offence I have a life to be getting on with. I will leave you lot to have ago at someone else. TaTa have a nice life if that is possible! I am only interested in talking to genuine people who are who they say they are

The difference between the government Corgi registered scheme is that it is an official government scheme backed by some weighty laws. It is a CRIMINAL offence to mess around with gas in the home unless you are an official Corgi registered gas engineer. UKLPG are just a bunch of blokes that appointed themselves to the exalted position they think they command, truth is that anyone can become UKLPG registered if you are willing to pay their annual membership fee. Mike

Why do certain subjects end up with such nastiness, there really is no need for it. Everyone has a different take on life and this and other forums are exactly what they are there for. Mike

Hahaha I actually am 23 years old looking to buy a Lexus

I have done my research on these cars and as a result have seen some nice ones and some awful ones.

I am just comparing that is all. And when I get one of these cars I will have it converted by someone who I choose from past recommendation. No names and no advertising but I am going to use someone who does it properly and not half-assed.

Also Mr Bluesman that isn't my car but I would be happy with that conversion. It looks professional

Guest macash48

As I say there should be some legal rules not necessarily UKLPG but a proper legal body! Please do me the courtesy or reading properly what I type.

GOODBYE!

Guest macash48

Actually I didn't start this "nastiness" but I am afraid it has put me right off of your club.

I don't need you lot to enjoy my car

You are welcome to each other good day.

There was no nastiness from anyone. It was just me. If it came across as nastiness I am awfully sorry. It was meant to come across as me feeling sorry for you as you have a really low mileage outstanding car and I feel that it has been let down now.

Your car is in fantastic condition and people will say that to you

But now they will say "fantastic car, shame about the LPG installation"

But if you are happy with your 28K miles mint condition car looking like that now then that is nothing to do with me it is your choice. I just know I would be a little bit upset.

Anyway good luck and hope everything goes ok in the future for you and you have many problem free miles in your car - after all they allegedly go for 500K miles.

As I say there should be some legal rules not necessarily UKLPG but a proper legal body! Please do me the courtesy or reading properly what I type.

GOODBYE!

I agree and so do many others that there should be a Government body setup to govern this type of thing. I cant see why it couldnt be amalgamated with the Corgi scheme.

Please don't feel you have to leave. You have an LS400 and you deserve to be here just because you own one of the greatest cars on the road. Have a sleep on it and start again tomorrow, it always looks different in the morning.. Mike

Guest macash48

Hi Mark,

Yes thanks I have read the thread you did on your journey to getting your install completed.

I am afraid I didn't want to go back and forth to Wales.

When I enquired to Profess Autogas in Wales I told them that I would want the install done in Chesterfield.

After several more emails and a phone call with no response I contacted Chesterfield who said they would be happy to install at 2 weeks notice.I mentioned Leon who had given you such good service and they told me he was no longer with the business.

Anyway to cut a long story short I then out of the blue was contacted by wales and they said they weren't doing installs in Chesterfield at the moment but they would if I dropped my car at Chesterfield send a member of staff from wales to pick up my car, dive it back to wales do the conversion and dive it back to Chesterfield. On the surface its good customer service but I'm afraid that I don't want someone else to drive my car that distance (are they insured will they take care of it?) and what do I do if there is a problem. I know they sorted you but I decided I didn't want togo down that route.

Now offence but I am sorely dissappointed with the behaviour on my thread and think that certain people on here ought to learn some manners. Now if you don't mind as I have said I have a life to get on with and have better things to do.

I am so disgusted that people seem to find it fun and sport to have a pop.

I am asking the moderator to delete my account as I don't wish to be associated with such people (and I use the term loosely)

They need to grow up! TA TA

Hi Mark,

Yes thanks I have read the thread you did on your journey to getting your install completed.

I am afraid I didn't want to go back and forth to Wales.

When I enquired to Profess Autogas in Wales I told them that I would want the install done in Chesterfield.

After several more emails and a phone call with no response I contacted Chesterfield who said they would be happy to install at 2 weeks notice.I mentioned Leon who had given you such good service and they told me he was no longer with the business.

Anyway to cut a long story short I then out of the blue was contacted by wales and they said they weren't doing installs in Chesterfield at the moment but they would if I dropped my car at Chesterfield send a member of staff from wales to pick up my car, dive it back to wales do the conversion and dive it back to Chesterfield. On the surface its good customer service but I'm afraid that I don't want someone else to drive my car that distance (are they insured will they take care of it?) and what do I do if there is a problem. I know they sorted you but I decided I didn't want togo down that route.

Now offence but I am sorely dissappointed with the behaviour on my thread and think that certain people on here ought to learn some manners. Now if you don't mind as I have said I have a life to get on with and have better things to do.

I am so disgusted that people seem to find it fun and sport to have a pop.

I am asking the moderator to delete my account as I don't wish to be associated with such people (and I use the term loosely)

They need to grow up! TA TA

Guest macash48

Again you get the wrong end of the stick I have never placed an order with Profess Auto Gas nor paid a deposit you are getting me mixed up with some one else.

Now I will be rude GET LOST AND GET A LIFE!

Don't worry I don't expect to get an apology

Again you get the wrong end of the stick I have never placed an order with Profess Auto Gas nor paid a deposit you are getting me mixed up with some one else.

Now I will be rude GET LOST AND GET A LIFE!

Don't worry I don't expect to get an apology

I apologise for getting you mixed up with a similar thread. I have deleted the post.

I will post the pics of my car that was installed by Profess so you can see their workmanship.

Mike

I think you owe me an apology as well Mike.

What exactly have I done to you "not to deserve help" in your opinion. You may run on LPG. I don't yet - so the 360 mile round trip cost me a fair bit of expense. Sorry would have fixed it but no one as yet apologised. The £100 deposit took 10 days.

I won't bother relaying (again) why it is important (and a legal requirement) for a company to make it easily identifiable who you are trading with as I don't think you are prepared to listen. All I will say is if you fall back on a guarantee then you may see why companies benefit from "limited liability"

On the brightside I shall be getting in contact with Tubbs to see if he can convert my car. :). Fingers crossed. If not its an LS430 coming up!

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links