Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Dreaded Vsc And Dpf Issue Please Help!

adnanashfaq

Hi

I have just joined the forum and my Lexus has been out of action for 6 weeks, I have had it to several garages including Lexus who want £1750 to change the DPF, with options of DPF cleaning, DPF removal and DPF emulator I have been confused, then I came across revving the car to 3000 rpm on the motorway.

Firstly, I could not find anyone that could do the removal, secondly one guy said he could fit an emulator but never got back to me, then I heard the emulator is not a good way to go. Some people told me removal is not a good option as the car is designed to have one.

Others told me cleaning will only last a while then it will come back again!!! - I dont know who to trust!

I am avoiding the Lexus bill, but some answers on the forum give me a little confidence. The car went into Limp twice, once on the M62 so drove it back on the hard shoulder.

I am afraid by trying to clear out the soot by high revs that I may damage the engine and cause more problems,

can someone please advise if it is worth trying the high revs again to clear it out, and if there is anyone in West Yorkshire near Leeds that can fix this issue?

Thanks

• 2 weeks later...

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links