Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Color Of F Sport Wheels

Just now, RichyRich said:

No I didn't buy wheel cover as my dealer don't offer it and wasn't sure if the third party hrqwheel cover would actually be worth it.   

To be honest the scuff isn't visible unless your looking for it but it bugs me it's there and don't want water to get in and splinter the area around the chipped surfwce. Even if it's not an exact colour match it must be better than leaving it exposed. 

Spoke to my local dealer and they confirmed their isn't a touch up paint available for the F-Sport wheels but said they use a smart repairer so could take it over for a quote.  

Half tempted to get some gun metal touch up this time..  

They'll charge you £80 + VAT. 

I would leave it personally doesn't look that bad. It'll go darker as dirt fills it.  My wheel has been kerbed on the RX for 3 years. It's not got any worse either. The new alloy quality is much better than the old IS

• Like 1

12 hours ago, rayaans said:
12 hours ago, rayaans said:

They'll charge you £80 + VAT. 

I would leave it personally doesn't look that bad. It'll go darker as dirt fills it.  My wheel has been kerbed on the RX for 3 years. It's not got any worse either. The new alloy quality is much better than the old IS

Tempted to get some of this which someone on ClubLexus thinks is a good match but for these wheels.  What do you think? 

http://www.automotivetouchup.com/touch-up-paint/lexus/2016/is/

2016 Lexus Is Touch Up Paint | Mercury Gray Mica 1H9 1H9 Mercury Gray Mica

2012-Lexus-GS350-F-Sport-wheel-2.jpg

• 4 weeks later...

Curbed the same wheel :(  on the spoke too so not happy.  Grrr.   have touched it up but is a shade darker.  It's really visible too more so than the first time only a few weeks ago which is on the edge as you can see!!   At least it's the same wheel I guess.  

Not happy but knew it was likely to happen as it's at the train station parking entrance at Milton Keynes where there is quite a narrow entrance with a sharp curb either side of the car so not avoidable!!!!    Turning ever so slightly too soon causes the rear end to cut the corner and boom I knew I'd hit the curb.

Going to see if the SMART repairer that my Lexus dealer use can improve it or does it need a complete wheel refurb?   how long does that take or do people think a smart repair can sort it?

IMG_20160813_094441.jpg

2 hours ago, RichyRich said:

Curbed the same wheel :(  on the spoke too so not happy.  Grrr.   have touched it up but is a shade darker.  It's really visible too more so than the first time only a few weeks ago which is on the edge as you can see!!   At least it's the same wheel I guess.  

Not happy but knew it was likely to happen as it's at the train station parking entrance at Milton Keynes where there is quite a narrow entrance with a sharp curb either side of the car so not avoidable!!!!    Turning ever so slightly too soon causes the rear end to cut the corner and boom I knew I'd hit the curb.

Going to see if the SMART repairer that my Lexus dealer use can improve it or does it need a complete wheel refurb?   how long does that take or do people think a smart repair can sort it?

IMG_20160813_094441.jpg

They need a full wheel refurb as they wont be able to match the colour so you'll see the blend in lines if they only do that part

The guys that did mine on more occasions than I'd like to admit took the wheel away, took it right back and when they put it back on it was perfect. Did take more than 24 hours though, but if you want a 100% result the wheel has to go to the hospital IMO.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

• 2 weeks later...

Was in the Lexus dealer today to sort a rattle and the wInsert other media heel guy was there so got it repaired.  Pretty pleased with it :)   The guy said because it was close to the edge he could feather the paint after rubbing it down which seemed to work.   Was all done in under an hour for £84 inc VAT so not the cheapest but happy with the finish. Think the paint is a bit soft still as it felt it to the touch but guess after a day it will harden.   

IMG_20160825_115258.jpg

IMG_20160825_115257.jpg

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Martin F said:

Yep, looks good.  

As you say a little expensive but worth it if they do a good job and make you happy :)

I was going to leave it for a while but glad I've had it done and know the colour can be matched pretty damn well :)   

3 hours ago, rayaans said:

Wow that IS expensive! I didn't pay much more to get the full wheel done!

yes agree but I didn't mind paying when it was sorted whilst I was there.  The inconvenience of having to sort out a loan car costs me time and money  (that's how I rationalize alot of things in my life these days!)   

1 hour ago, RichyRich said:

yes agree but I didn't mind paying when it was sorted whilst I was there.  The inconvenience of having to sort out a loan car costs me time and money  (that's how I rationalize alot of things in my life these days!)   

Interesting - I only phone once and its sorted. Last time they even picked up my car, dropped a loaner off and brought it back once the job was done!

30 minutes ago, RichyRich said:

I am comfortable with what I paid so that is all I need to care about. 

That's fine, but seems a little daft considering you're extremely likely to kerb the wheel again if you've done it already. 

Are you going to pay out £84 for each nick you get on the wheel? 

8 minutes ago, rayaans said:

That's fine, but seems a little daft considering you're extremely likely to kerb the wheel again if you've done it already. 

Not everybody wants to drive around with kerbed wheels like you.

7 hours ago, rayaans said:

Are you going to pay out £84 for each nick you get on the wheel? 

Like I said I wanted to see how good a match a repair could get.   I know now so am happy.  ! 

15 hours ago, Martin F said:

Not everybody wants to drive around with kerbed wheels like you.

You get a colour off the guy for them or did he just blend it and put it on?

36 minutes ago, rayaans said:

You get a colour off the guy for them or did he just blend it and put it on?

He said he'd mix up a colour and feather it in.  He said if it was a whole wheel you might notice the colour difference.  Hope I don't have to find out! 

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links