lexus loon

Is200 Keys Grrrr

In 7 years ive now gone through 8 keys which always crack in the same place around the blade.I WONDER IF I HAVE A RECORD FOR THIS .Its not as if im heavy handed too.

Do you drink irn bru and eat 4 weetabix.. :)

Mine went a couple of days back, ordered one of those flip type replacement ones from eBay, certainly looks stronger and shouldn't break this one.

Must be my porridge i eat ian,ive put a key ring through the keyblade so i can turn it in the barrel.Rigga,i may try one of those keys,Ian ,i always have a key spare now so its pollards again mate.

Bet they have a parking space at pollards for you now then... :) :) :)

If you fancy calling in mate feel free, kettles always on.

It will be later on in the week mate ive got to go to Derby today,but ill call in ,cheers Ian.

Only day i'm not in is tuesday.

mine just snapped couple weeks ago. ordered one from ebay, then transferred the internal around. using the original spare now though.

think they tend to be weak keys with ignition turn point strong :whistling:

sorry to be a bit dim here - can someone point me to a thread (or ebay listing) about fixing keys

my 3 button key is now crumbing and could really do with replacement

so do I simply buy a blank on ebay, get it cut at the local key place and pop in my transponder?

so do I simply buy a blank on ebay, get it cut at the local key place and pop in my transponder?

It's as easy as that, make sure you get the short blade version 38mm iirc.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Lexus-IS200-GS300-LS400-RX300-3-Button-Remote-Key-Shell-Case-Short-Blade-/180814165595?pt=UK_Car_Accessories_Safety_Security&hash=item2a195d365b

Having issues finding a local key cutting place that's able to actually cut the Lexus key, seems that it needs a particularly :thin cutter and tracer (2mm) compared to the more normal 3mm that's used daily for seemingly every other key .....