Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

There seems to have been a fair bit of drilling of bodywork been done, especially strut tops. Also not the neatest install.

Please don't take my comments personally, just an observation. If you are happy that's all that counts.

It's just a testament to today's way of thinking by some companies, Get the job done quick and get the money, Then there's others like Mark's installers who actually take pride in their work.

There seems to have been a fair bit of drilling of bodywork been done, especially strut tops. Also not the neatest install.

Please don't take my comments personally, just an observation. If you are happy that's all that counts.

It's just a testament to today's way of thinking by some companies, Get the job done quick and get the money, Then there's others like Mark's installers who actually take pride in their work.

At this stage Ian, I can't disagree.

I second that too.

People are too quick to get your money these days

It takes longer to throw it in messy than to do it right first time too

That is not too bad. It's all in there isn't it

Here is my constructive comment of the day

"It's not messy. It's just busy"

I would be crying my eyes out if that was my car ,there does not seem to be any planning in the routing of the system and it all looks a bit amatuerish. The loss of the tool box holder the awful filler cap on the wing panel the less than thoughtful fixing of the engine bay components.And to top it all the ridiculous MPG.

This more than ever confirms my view that LPG is not worth the hassle.

• Like 1

I am bound too agree with most of the above comments apart from "Get the job done quick and get the money" this may be true of some installers but unfair to include companies like Profess and others who could have done this job in a day and would have been far neater install. There wouldn't have been any MPG or slight hesitation on pulling away problems.

Please Ambermarine don't let this put you off there are good installers out there. This is what gets my blood boiling, its so easy to put others off from getting their cars converted and the reasoning behind the decision are outfits like Battersea Autogas.

Drilling into the suspension leg fitting area is just crazy and I would have thought dangerous as it has now compromised the integral structure of that part of the chassis.

Can you remind us how long they needed to do the job and what the cost was ?

If only you had plumped for a day out in the beautiful Welsh countryside it could have all been so different.

Pass the tissues Ambermarine.

Mike

Please don't think I will be offended by your comments, this is nothing to do with me in reality, all I've done is go to an installer to have the job done and let others see what happened. I will not make any comments at this stage. I will offer Battersea autogas the opportunity to defend themselves, and invite more members to make there comments.

This is all good! Keep it coming

I am bound too agree with most of the above comments apart from "Get the job done quick and get the money" this may be true of some installers but unfair to include companies like Profess and others who could have done this job in a day and would have been far neater install.

I was't saying anything about companies like profess, who have had glowing reviews from members and it shows in their workmanship. I was talking about the installers who don't seem to mind how tidy/well installed their systems look. Not to mention drilling structural parts of the car.

I quite liked the positioning of the LPG filler in the same place as the petrol cap, hidden by the flap.

Now, which installer did that I wonder ?/

do you guys remember that picture, many months ago now on here.??

Malc

I am bound too agree with most of the above comments apart from "Get the job done quick and get the money" this may be true of some installers but unfair to include companies like Profess and others who could have done this job in a day and would have been far neater install.

I was't saying anything about companies like profess, who have had glowing reviews from members and it shows in their workmanship. I was talking about the installers who don't seem to mind how tidy/well installed their systems look. Not to mention drilling structural parts of the car.

I Know you didn't Ian but others might not read it the same way, I wasn't having a go you.

• Like 1

That's all a bit harsh. It's not his fault that they threw it in.

However they took 4 days to do it but spent a day taking a manifold off that I suppose didn't need to be done

Hope it runs ok

I am not having a go at Gary.

Do you know, its becoming real hard work to comment on any part of this forum without up someone becoming upset.

There is little point in having a forum if all that happens is people get upset by what others genuinely feel about a subject.

I Know you didn't Ian but others might not read it the same way, I wasn't having a go you.

No offence taken Mike. :) life's to short to be serious about everything.

• Like 1

Better picspost-48132-0-37568000-1382023005_thumb.jpost-48132-0-56277000-1382023084_thumb.jpost-48132-0-07143600-1382023148_thumb.jpost-48132-0-24307100-1382023219_thumb.jpost-48132-0-59733200-1382023284_thumb.jpost-48132-0-84285500-1382022924_thumb.j

Please clarify guys, do your cars have the coolant reservoir bolted to the offside strut bulkhead?

If so then maybe it's not to much of a problem if other elements are mounted in the same way?

I quite liked the positioning of the LPG filler in the same place as the petrol cap, hidden by the flap.

Malc

I think that was bluesman marks car. I like that to but there is rumour around that the UK government my ban the use of the required adaptor. The final decision for me was my damaged spine, it just had to be in the most accessible position.

MPG up to 17.5 now so that's the equivalent of around 35 based on current prices right?

I'm told this is to be expected until the first service at 1000 miles.

I still have the occasional fractional hesitation when pulling away, anyone else experienced this?

Malc

I think that was bluesman marks car. I like that to but there is rumour around that the UK government my ban the use of the required adaptor. The final decision for me was my damaged spine, it just had to be in the most accessible position.

Wasn't mine. Mine is fitted down on the bumper and if you put the handle in upside down, all perfectly legal and safe, its no problem even for me. I have to add that where I fill up a nice lady comes out and does it for you. How decadent. 65p

The reason Profess put the filler there is that they don't have to mess up the boot area with the ingress of a pipe.

Its location is not the problem. The problem is that it is held on by small clips that can easily blow off at pressures over 2bar

If this is the case then I would NOT drive the car at all and keep away from it.

However it could be totally inocent and its the solenoid for the flashlube to only inject it whilst on gas. If this is the case then that is perfectly fine.

Malc

I wouldn't touch anything that needs a screw on adapter. These can be extremely dangerous as they unscrew when you are trying to unlock the nozzle. I work for a forecourt LPG maintenance company looking after the pumps. We get many calls to adapters stuck in nozzles and cold burn due to adapters. Avoid them at all costs.

Andy

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links