Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

hi everybody

I`m trying to find out info regarding the sound system in my gs as I`ve noticed my speakers are a touch crackly when the volume is above background noise.

Does anyone know the size of the speakers and tweeters in the front doors and the speakers in the rear passenger doors looks like I may need to upgrade.

As anyone upgraded their speakers if so where they straight forward component replacements or did you have to custom fit?

Nearly forgot the subwoofer in the rear parcel shelf has anyone altered this too

thanks

Can't help specifically on the speaker specs I'm afraid. On my mk2 GS300 the only things I did were replace the head unit with double din setup, bypass the amp, remove the sub from the rear shelf and use my own sub in the boot. The factory speakers performed really well with the after market gear.

cheers tigerfish

did you encounter any issues with the head unit change and amp bypass.

I`ll have to do some searching may need to build something for the door speakers if i can`t find straight swap speakers

sly thread insert is there an haynes manual for the gs300 or is it a workshop manual i need thinking when i come to strip car.

Didn't hit any specific issues. The plugs and sockets are Lexus/Toyota specific, so I ended up buying a few different cables to get the right connectors (so that it was plug and play to revert back to standard.

No haynes manual, you can get the pdf's of the factory manual(s) pretty cheap on eBay.