Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Iridium Spark Plugs For Lpg Converted Cars

No, but I did have Brisk DR15YS LPG sparking plugs fitted when I had mine converted. These are single, silver electrode plugs recommended for an LS 400 running on lpg.. (Never use the multi-electrode ones for lpg as they give misfire problems apparently). I've not had any problems with mine so far in 14,000 miles. The car runs great.

Did anyone change there plugs over to Iridium when they converted there car?

They are iridium plugs as standard hence the 60k change interval. Both mine had & have iridium plugs & run perfect. I know its a big thing getting an lpg conversion done & on occasion things do go wrong. Battersea autogas & profess do know what they are doing though.

• Like 1

Did anyone change there plugs over to Iridium when they converted there car?

They are iridium plugs as standard hence the 60k change interval. Both mine had & have iridium plugs & run perfect. I know its a big thing getting an lpg conversion done & on occasion things do go wrong. Battersea autogas & profess do know what they are doing though.

Bang on Titch! I can only speak for BA but they really do, they had already ordered the correct iridium plugs (non LPG type)

I am the one that is learning :-)

iridium is standard in LS400

SK20R11 NGK

K20R-U Denso

Just keep it standard and it should be ok

LPG plugs are a Myth

If they have a higher heat rating because they are "LPG plugs" thats just balls

NGK overall have a higher heat tolerance than Bosch so thats another reason to not use Bosch :P

(but they are prohibitively expensive).

Thats why

LPG systems are designed around the car not the other way around

If you put the wrong plugs in your car then who knows what trouble it will have

After all the car will start up on petrol

I know someone who put the wrong plugs into his car and it blew a channel on the ECU leaving one injector permanently misfiring

The plugs in an LS400 are originally iridium anyway.

Part number 90919-01166 or K20R-U original

Part number 90919-01210 or SK20R11 iridium

Courtesy of Toyodiy

Just put standard plugs in it and replace them at 50000 instead of 60000 and they should be fine

• 1 year later...

No, but I did have Brisk DR15YS LPG sparking plugs fitted when I had mine converted. These are single, silver electrode plugs recommended for an LS 400 running on lpg.. (Never use the multi-electrode ones for lpg as they give misfire problems apparently). I've not had any problems with mine so far in 14,000 miles. The car runs great.

Changing plugs shortly and saw these, but perhaps not what you recommend as multi electrode. Are yours still going strong? Haven't seen single advertised as yet. Will plough on.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/8x-Lexus-LS400-4-0-v8-Brisk-High-Performance-Spark-Plugs-LPG-GPL-CNG-Petrol-/360435644842?pt=UK_Cars_Parts_Vehicles_Other_Vehicle_Parts_Accessories_ET&hash=item53eba379aa

Anyone else tried Brisk for LPG or petrol only?

Stuart, just 'google' Brisk DR15YS and you'll see these silver SINGLE electrode plugs. I've now reached 30,000 miles on mine and the car has not missed a single beat and no misfiring at all. I'm replacing them this month with another set of the same. With postage, 8 plugs are about £36/37. Hope this helps.

• Like 2

Stuart, just 'google' Brisk DR15YS and you'll see these silver SINGLE electrode plugs. I've now reached 30,000 miles on mine and the car has not missed a single beat and no misfiring at all. I'm replacing them this month with another set of the same. With postage, 8 plugs are about £36/37. Hope this helps.

Thanks Brian,

Just received a set - fast turnaround!!

Interesting warning note on the box that if using LPG/GPL/CNG you must set the gap to 0.1mm less than the manufacturers recomended gap setting and retune the gas system once fitted. Failure to do this the plugs will foul and void any warranty.

No doubt retuning will be for carb systems but I wonder if the garage can be entrusted to adjust the gap? Its an infintesimal adjustment - a tenth of a millimetre. Not grabbed my feeler guages to see if even possible to adjust.

Stuart, they should be be fine to fit as they are (1.00mm). Mine are exactly the same and havn't missed a beat. They are great plugs. I think the slight adjustment warning is for cars fitted with the early type single point gas injection. No need to worry if you have multi-point injection, (which you will have).

Stuart, they should be be fine to fit as they are (1.00mm). Mine are exactly the same and havn't missed a beat. They are great plugs. I think the slight adjustment warning is for cars fitted with the early type single point gas injection. No need to worry if you have multi-point injection, (which you will have).

errrrrrr no Brian! actually not yet fitted LPG system and was going to go with single point as had it on Merc and seen Lexus with over 300k on a single point a while back. This said, although I've got the parts, its not the time of year to fit it (Garage too small) and with petrol prices (if temporarily) declining, I may not make the change at all. I wouldn't be confident to fit a multipoint system myself so cost wise I'm dithering, especially as still got wishbones on advisory and yet to understand why it took half a day to get the car through emissions at the garage for the MOT end last year. Plenty of expense yet to come for the old girl but eventually it'll be the Car I'm happy with. The plugs change was to eliminate possibly the emissions problem, and thought it a good idea to prepare for possible changeover to LPG. They are still Ok as supplied at 1.00mm gap.

Stuart, I can see where you're at regarding bringing your LS up to scratch. As to wishbone replacements there are a few options open to you; 1) Cheap Chinese ones for sale on e-bay (will last 5 mins). 2) Very expensive ones from your local Lexus dealer, ( but will last for donkey's years), or, 3) Reasonably priced good quality ones such as AC Delco from Rockauto in the States (plus v.a.t. and postage). This last option will still be much cheaper than a Lexus dealership and with quick delivery too.

errrrrrr no Brian! actually not yet fitted LPG system and was going to go with single point as had it on Merc and seen Lexus with over 300k on a single point a while back. This said, although I've got the parts, its not the time of year to fit it (Garage too small) and with petrol prices (if temporarily) declining, I may not make the change at all. I wouldn't be confident to fit a multipoint system myself so cost wise I'm dithering, especially as still got wishbones on advisory and yet to understand why it took half a day to get the car through emissions at the garage for the MOT end last year. Plenty of expense yet to come for the old girl but eventually it'll be the Car I'm happy with. The plugs change was to eliminate possibly the emissions problem, and thought it a good idea to prepare for possible changeover to LPG. They are still Ok as supplied at 1.00mm gap.

Hi Stuart - I would not fit a single point system even if you could get one. A pal did on a 400, years ago and it caused him big problems and a head rebuild because some of the valves carboned up.

I have done more than 100K miles with a multi-point system with almost no probs.

Cheers

Bren

Hi Stuart - I would not fit a single point system even if you could get one. A pal did on a 400, years ago and it caused him big problems and a head rebuild because some of the valves carboned up.

I have done more than 100K miles with a multi-point system with almost no probs.

Cheers

Bren

Multi points are they way to go. Mike

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links