Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Hi Just Bought My Lexus 200Is Im New To Site

AJUK77

hi to every1 on site i just bought my lexus is200 and boy am i glad i chosed lexus instead of bmw it drives superb and looks gawjus it has 97k on the milage i heard thats nothing for a lexus is that correct it drives smooth like its new from showroom :-)

• Like 1

Welcome to the club AJ. at 97k it's only just run in LOL.

As long as you service it regularly and keep an eye on cambelt changes you will get years of driving pleasure.

Enjoy your new car.

• Like 1

I bought mine at 97k last year too :) at about 106k now and loved every mile of it. Any questions about your car dont hesitate, were all a good bunch on here and glad to have you on board

as confirmed 97K on these Yoda engines is just breaking in period.. bought mine at 105k and currently 125K and still drives smooth, no squeaks and rattles inside the car, and MOT tester still couldn't believe how quiet the Lexus idles in fact he confirmed he thought my engine had cut off when he had it on the ramp lowered the ramp and noticed it was silently ticking over at 750rpm. one can easily loose their license as engine is so smooth 70mph feels like 40mph so check your speed gauge often as you can go over easily without noticing.. Enjoy

• Like 1

as confirmed 97K on these Yoda engines is just breaking in period.. bought mine at 105k and currently 125K and still drives smooth, no squeaks and rattles inside the car, and MOT tester still couldn't believe how quiet the Lexus idles in fact he confirmed he thought my engine had cut off when he had it on the ramp lowered the ramp and noticed it was silently ticking over at 750rpm. one can easily loose their license as engine is so smooth 70mph feels like 40mph so check your speed gauge often as you can go over easily without noticing.. Enjoy

I think the 2JZ is quieter than the 1G

CHEERS guyz im proud n glad to be member on this sight and a owner of a lexus the onli thing i find wrong was has no wiper on rear window but doesnt bother me still a superb car,

a quick question how do u set the alarm thats factory fitted ? the security light goes solid then goes off wen lock doors i banged door but didnt go off lol any help wud b helpful thnks.

Can't help you on that one I'm afraid! But welcome anyway, I've just joined too. Everyone on here seems really nice and you will be surprised how quickly you get replys to your questions. What were you doing posting at 4am this morning, couldn't sleep? One thing I can tell about the alarms on IS 200/300 assuming they are the same. Is if you leave a phone/ iPad in the car and it's on your driveway in reach of your house wifi it will set the alarm off if you get any emails etc. It took me about five times in the middle of the night to work out what it was. The neighbours loved it!

• Like 1

The standard alarm on the IS only goes off if you break a window/open a door when set. Doesn't have a tilt sensor as standard.

Not too sure about a shock sensor though as mine used to go off if you even tried door handles.

Welcome AJ

Not really sure on setting up the alarm as myself only knew by setting off the alarm is when the door open or movement in the front passenger (sensor on the center map light) :eerrrmm: i might be wrong..

always tell myself not to compare these gadget to current as it's a 10years model... use rain-x solution product or good old fashion Glass Cleaner Rubber Wiper at £1land would do a pretty nice job :P (rear window screen)

give it a good service and maintain it well, everything will be spot on

don't be shy to ask any question or browse around

welcome :zee:

• 1 month later...

lol pete i already use rain x its brillaiant product been using it for years on me other car i had and now on the lexus it does make a huge dfrence wen driving 70mph on the motorway in rain . AND SORRY GUYS I HAVNT REPLIED I BEEN FRANCE :) Ty for the replies everyone i went post office to get me tax and locked wife n kid in car lol when i came out the alarm was going off :D but had ppl staring at the car with wife n kid lockd in haha wife wasnt happy but i was very happy as i found out alarm is wrking and ur rite IT it goes off if sensors sense movement etc wen is lockd like u said if break window etc

The standard alarm on the IS only goes off if you break a window/open a door when set. Doesn't have a tilt sensor as standard.

Not too sure about a shock sensor though as mine used to go off if you even tried door handles.

u are rite mate alarm does work as i lockd wife in car went postoffice came out alarm was going off as it has sensors sensed movement in car lol wife wasnt happy i was lol.

Welcome AJUK77 and chrisyg.

These cars are great. Just check that the cambelt has been done. Initially, Lexus said every 100,000 miles, but they revised that to 60,000.

I bought mine with 122,000 miles on the clock and I found out it had never had a cambelt change! I booked it in straight away and was lucky. 140,000 on the clock now and still driving like a new car (some squeaks going on, but ill sort that out soon)

Welcome to the site.

me cam belt was changed at 66 k its got sticker stuck on engine cover and date etc i got a problem now it drives perfect but three times in 2weeks it will start then can feel car shake a bit and dies then after two times it starts as normal im confused i been told use redex injector ??? there no warning lights etc or even errorcodes on odo but went it does start n drives its perfect bit strange.

p.s i use asda unleaded or sainsburys as r cheapest.

also sometimes can hear like funny noise behind dashbord behind air vent thingy doing me head in like rattle sound or summit any1 else xperiencd that can do with sum advice/help cheers in advance .

• Like 1

Not sure on the second thing behind the dashboard, could be aircon needs refilling? I am possibly wrong.

The engine turning over. I sometimes get this, though it's probably me. Sometimes when I turn the key, I think the engine has caught (it sounds and feels like the engine has caught) and I let go to realise that it hasn't and it dies, I do it again and it's fine. I use Forte Advanced Formula Gas Treatment to clean the engine and other parts twice yearly (£10 a bottle) and this seems to keep everything clean and working as it should. I use Asda fuel too, that shouldn't be the problem, or at least, not the main problem. I do notice a slight increase in MPG and general performance when using Esso, but not enough to justify the increase in cost.

There may be other issues that other members have noticed and will be able to point you in the right direction. Hope this helps, if not. . . . Well. . . . umm. . nice cars, aren't they?

• Like 1

I get that rattle behind dash sounds like stuck servos. Its not trapped air cuz i had that wheni bought mine and sounds different. Gonna have a nose behind the dash prob something simple. A screw loose or dirt...

OO, also, I have a GromAudio kit behind my vents, sometimes, when it's cold it sounds like something rubbing. for me, it's probably that!

Funnily enough mine started the noise after fitting my yatour...

• Like 1

I think ive fixd the bubbling n rattle sound and the misfiring well i HOPE LOL yesterday the temp on gauge reached H i thought oh noooooooo parked up let it cool then droved home fast.

1. i got home opened bonnet inspoectd everything under there until i opened resoirvoir cap n engine coolant !!! it was empty n stone dry i thought omg even the see through glass was steamed nothing in it just steam omg idiot i bought car from mustn have filled it much it was driving for 2months only had prblems past 2weeks glad i checkd the res overflow cam and coolant cap !!!

2. i went euro carparts bought 5ltr TRIPLE QX RED ANTIFREEZE its won car mechanics award this year was 14.00 quid but wen went there guy said will do it for 11quid a BARGAIN it has ethylene glycol .

3. mixd it 50/50 with distilled water which i got from the big chemist near me not bad 5ltr dist water for only 5.50 quid BARGAIN .

4. rang lexus garage spoke to guy calld mike told him i bought the qx etc and how do i mix it n put it in which cap he told me the resvoir cap fill till glass is to max full and then fill radiator till is cm from top then leave engine running 10mins with ac etc all on full and sqeeze the pipes get all air out then leave engine on for 10 mins with caps off. and for misfire he said is coz no coolants in car so it wud stop its how lexus r desighned and to not have any keyrings on key the metal on keyrings can cause to misfire i thought weird but ok .

NOT BAD MIKE HELPD ME ALOT WITH ACURATE INFO FROM A LEXUS MECHANIC N ALL FREE BUT HE DID SAY COME GET IT SERVICED LOL ONLY 105 QUID I SAID WILL DO MATE :) .

5. did everything he said been driving all day did 21miles and not once car stoppd or misfired and temp gauge stayed in middle best thing is it drives smooth now much better then b4 starts up without hassle n bubbling tapping noise gone i hope stays like this !!!

im going to buy new airfilter and sparks and also redex in asda only 3 quid or tesco offer on 2quid to clean engine out

:) :) love my lexus . hope this info helps others n i was surprised how mike frm lexus gaved so much info for free n wasnt stubborn bout it lol i was on fone 20mins not once he sounded fed up with all my qustions :) lol.

AND he did say that the TRIPLE QX IS AS GOOD AS THE TOYOTA COOLANT THEY USE !! he said a few guyz he knows with lexus use it so guys go online order ur tripl qx coolant is cheao n award winner buy car mechanic magazine 2013 beated Halfords n other big brand stores brands :)

I get that rattle behind dash sounds like stuck servos. Its not trapped air cuz i had that wheni bought mine and sounds different. Gonna have a nose behind the dash prob something simple. A screw loose or dirt...

u read my post on this topic mate jus wondering u checkd ur coolant n resoirvoir level the glass thing behind the engine coolant box also sqeezing pipes can help read my topic info i got was frm lexus wrked for me been driving all day all symptons seem to have gone :):)

• Like 1

OO, also, I have a GromAudio kit behind my vents, sometimes, when it's cold it sounds like something rubbing. for me, it's probably that!

did u read my post ive sortd the prblem i hope it helps other new lexus owners with same problem :) my lexus is driving smooth now n truble free :)

I think ive fixd the bubbling n rattle sound and the misfiring well i HOPE LOL yesterday the temp on gauge reached H i thought oh noooooooo parked up let it cool then droved home fast.

1. i got home opened bonnet inspoectd everything under there until i opened resoirvoir cap n engine coolant !!! it was empty n stone dry i thought omg even the see through glass was steamed nothing in it just steam omg idiot i bought car from mustn have filled it much it was driving for 2months only had prblems past 2weeks glad i checkd the res overflow cam and coolant cap !!!

2. i went euro carparts bought 5ltr TRIPLE QX RED ANTIFREEZE its won car mechanics award this year was 14.00 quid but wen went there guy said will do it for 11quid a BARGAIN it has ethylene glycol .

3. mixd it 50/50 with distilled water which i got from the big chemist near me not bad 5ltr dist water for only 5.50 quid BARGAIN .

4. rang lexus garage spoke to guy calld mike told him i bought the qx etc and how do i mix it n put it in which cap he told me the resvoir cap fill till glass is to max full and then fill radiator till is cm from top then leave engine running 10mins with ac etc all on full and sqeeze the pipes get all air out then leave engine on for 10 mins with caps off. and for misfire he said is coz no coolants in car so it wud stop its how lexus r desighned and to not have any keyrings on key the metal on keyrings can cause to misfire i thought weird but ok .

NOT BAD MIKE HELPD ME ALOT WITH ACURATE INFO FROM A LEXUS MECHANIC N ALL FREE BUT HE DID SAY COME GET IT SERVICED LOL ONLY 105 QUID I SAID WILL DO MATE :) .

5. did everything he said been driving all day did 21miles and not once car stoppd or misfired and temp gauge stayed in middle best thing is it drives smooth now much better then b4 starts up without hassle n bubbling tapping noise gone i hope stays like this !!!

im going to buy new airfilter and sparks and also redex in asda only 3 quid or tesco offer on 2quid to clean engine out

:) :) love my lexus . hope this info helps others n i was surprised how mike frm lexus gaved so much info for free n wasnt stubborn bout it lol i was on fone 20mins not once he sounded fed up with all my qustions :) lol.

AND he did say that the TRIPLE QX IS AS GOOD AS THE TOYOTA COOLANT THEY USE !! he said a few guyz he knows with lexus use it so guys go online order ur tripl qx coolant is cheao n award winner buy car mechanic magazine 2013 beated halfords n other big brand stores brands :)

wud like to hear if this has helpd others workd for me i noticed alot people like meself who got a lexus first tyme will xperience this if not all , then definitely most will so hope my advice has helpd others :)

lol in the 5years ive been passd ive learned more about a car with the lexus in 3months just makes u think a car needs TLC too lol. :) lookafter it well and a lexus will last for years to come mines 2002 but drives better then my ex car which was a ford focus the ford had 40k on milage n was a 2009 and my lexus has 96k and is 2002 over all the lexus drives and looks and feels great if lookd after :) age is just a number lol.