Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

So - What Would You Do....?

Zee007

Ok - here's the deal. You have say 30k to spend on a new car. There are plenty of options available but I will narrow it down for you to MY options. Your thoughts would be appreciated.

Option 1: Buy a Lexus GS430 Sport

Option 2: Buy my dream car, a Nissan Skyline R34 GT-R V-Spec TT

Option 3: Buy a Honda S2000

Option 4: Buy an Altezza RS200 and mod it

Option 5: Shut up Zee, be happy with the IS200, tweak it some more, await the new shape....

So, what would YOU do.........?

:zee:

• Replies 114
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

GS430 Sport

Black + Black...

GS.sized.jpg

No contest really...

I don't have 30K to spend, and I'm still trying to figure out how I can buy one...

Have you driven the GS Zee? I mean it's no skyline, but it such a great car.. plus you'd have a V8!

See what you can get for your IS 200 against a GS430 Sport. then make the GS as individual and class leading as your IS 200 is now if not more so...

Then when the New IS200 comes out you can decide if you want a small car again at the time and from a position of great strength.

Alternatively, Buy ther Skyline as I know you have always wanted one. She is your Unicorn. (so call her "Elenor").

not the honda......

but the other cars for differing reasons

i also love the skyline....but its a money pot.......and you will be forever spending on it

the Altezza is so tunable....with lots of money thrown at it, it will be awsome

getting a GS is what i would suggest aswell......because there are some excellent parts out there to trick them up........

hmmmmmmmm........ the answer I wanted to hear was Skyline....... although, because I can't make my mind up, I had to ask the opinion of my valued friends.......

So - the GS430 has it at the moment - any more thoughts/reasons/justifications?

(Thanks Loz/Mat - food for thought)

My opinion on the S2000... dont bother, took one out for an hour, sure the engine is spanking, but for some reason, the car is just not exciting... :blink:

I have never driven a skyline (or owned one), so I really can't comment, and the same with the Tezza...

But i have driven the GS430 Sport on Open Road... and when i got out of that car I was willing to sell Mrs Mop and all my worldly possesions to get one...

Why? cos not only is it a nice big comfy cruiser, but it is an absolute blast around country lanes, looks the dogs danglies and that V8 is sooooo sweet...

THe GS has the best poise. it is a classy saloon rather than a plod magnet. it will out perform many plod magnets. It will give you millions of miles of reliability and comfort. It will be individual the moment it leaves the dealership wearing the Fixer emblem!

Seriously, I know you are going to by a Skyline. But for my money I would have the GS then when the time was right, I'd put a skyline in the garage for rainy days. better that than to keep the IS and have a Skyline.

The GS is also a Lexus so I will let you stay in my club :P

Why dont you buy a 99 Soarer Twin Turbo ( :P :P ) it can take the GS430 plus there are a ton of mods for it

ok i'll get me coat :crybaby:

it cannot take the GS.........

in this months Jap Performance it states the max speed of the US models is 147 mph, an imported restricted one will hit a whopping 112 mph......

the gs430 is limited to 155mph,..........

matthew.. it stays at a whopping 112 if it has not been converted to mph, the conversion de-restrict the car (providing it has been done properly)

I have done two weeks research on this bugger.. and i can tell you that YES it will

MAT C,

I can picture your dismisive look as you typed that with a crooked fag hanging off your bottom lip. You crack me up Mr Chairman, Sir.

:D

So what is the orange car in the picture then? looks toyota(ish) but then it also looks quite modded...

cor, this is a good thread. imagine if it were restricted to the gold forum.... that would be another bonus for your £25! :offtopic: (kinda..)

also where in the US does the TT come in?? not even available over there.

Your looking at the sluggish 3 litre with a 2jz GE engine surely?

TT Book power output 280 BHP 363Nm (at 4800 rpm) Torque. 0 to 60 mph 5.8 seconds 0 to 100mph in Circa 14 seconds and top speed of 170 mph.

Zee, looks like your choice is as diverse as mine!!

I'm with you - R34 on my driveway would be the ultimate, but that thing burns petrol faster than you can fill it up. Then there are the tyres (c. 3000 miles per corner!).

S2000 - brilliant car! On my shortlist too. I just love the noise of that VTEC on song.

Ultimately, it comes down to what you can live with day in day out. The S2000 is not going to be the most comfortable cruiser - the GS430 is. The GS430 is not a car you can chuck about quite happily - the S2000 you can!

I'm sure you'll know yourself in your own mind what you really want. Whatever you choose from that list, they are all good cars.

I like the looks of the Skyline but have never driven one. Like Ian, I drove a GS430 at an Open Road event. It didn't 'feel' like a big car and the handling surprised me, it was really good - especially around the windey roads.

I've driven fast cars before and the engine on this felt really powerful and the car just stuck to the road. I loved the acceleration and was pleased to find the brakes just as effective.

It's a great car and I WANT ONE!!!!

Okay Zee...

Here's a thought:

For 30K, you could get an Altezza from Mat for about 10k (or a '99 standard IS?), and the 20K left over, you could get a half decent R33 Skyline (the mechanicals are very similar, the R34 is just a bit more Bling).

Plus, if you get a stock IS, and use it as a main car, and have the Skyline insured as a w/e motor, you probably could afford the insurance of them both..

Just a thought.. me i'd get the GS430 Sport :winky:

also where in the US does the TT come in?? not even available over there.

Your looking at the sluggish 3 litre with a 2jz GE engine surely?

TT Book power output 280 BHP 363Nm (at 4800 rpm) Torque. 0 to 60 mph 5.8 seconds 0 to 100mph in Circa 14 seconds and top speed of 170 mph.

where did i mention TT, was just pointing out its in this months Jap performance........

i dont need the specs , i posted them the other day in my research