Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Audio / Nav Frustration

Yes, it's on Map Configuration.

Be aware, however, that the options here change depending on where you are. "Intersection" only appears within 300m of an intersection; and "Motorway" within 500m of a motorway exit.

By the way, far from a small arrow, with "Motorway" I get a full screen analysis complete with exact road signage!

• 1 month later...

Just letting you know that, after the annual check service, my car came back with the F update of the infotainment, currently not downloadable from the customer portal (basically that portal is useless).

Since then (only 1 week) I haven't noticed neither any freezing/stuttering issue nor disappearing graphics on the virtual dashboard.

I hope this update had fixed once for all the problems!

Lost my Phone Connectivity-------The F MM System shows my Iphone is connected & the Voice Command works perfectly but when I say Dial no dialing tone is heard & the Nav screen & Dab Station return------most frustrating!

Reconnected my Phone numerous times but hit rate is c.1 in 20 !

Car goes in Monday for fix-----G-Version-----will let you know outcome.

Tel

I've finally got all the popup nav bits showing, it is dependent on having all modes guidance on in voice, so I've enabled but turned the voice to 0. It also needs a reboot or car ignition off/on to change I've found and that is what my issue was, I was doing the changes in this thread whilst driving and not seeing any difference, but turn car off/on and all works as expected.

Be interested in what ver G has different.

G-Version has resolved my issue & is said to be a significant update aimed to erase numerous issues that have been raised by Customers.

Chuffed

Tel

Mine was upgraded to G yesterday, not had a chance to see what difference it makes.

Putting the software updates online and providing release notes would be a nice step up in customer service. Unfortunately this just doesn't seem to be a concept that car manufacturers understand.

Very disappointed to read recently that Toyota/Lexus will not be introducing CarPlay to their vehicles soon. The quicker they remove themselves from software and just provide a screen for Apple/Google to use the better IMO.

VC0301ID

Is it the latest one? or is there a new update?

The D at the end represents how we refer to the revision. G has just been released so you are 3 revisions out. It is only available via your dealer unfortunately.

• 2 months later...

Just had my IS serviced today and they updated the Nav software to latest version.

Unit now quotes software version as VC12102C, which is a bit of a departure from VC0301F, which was the previous version.

Can't see any extra functionality, but it is super quick, both for navigating about the menu and for doing things like connecting to the phone and WiFi etc. Too early to tell if the stability of things is any better, but we'll see.

Does this software version correspond to the Version G that owners had previously, or is it newer again??

Did it wipe your satnav memory points though? That happened when mine was updated?

I've a service on Friday so will ask them to do this too, but will take a copy of my memory points to a USB stick first.

I still can't delete Memory Points so want this fixing.

My only real annoyance is voice activated ipod selection. Works for a day then doesn't and might be off for a couple of weeks. No real pattern to it. Has this new version addressed this?

No, didn't lose anything.

Voice activation is still crap for me. The mic gain is just too low, I need to shout to make it hear me.

not tried the Ipod voice since, might try tomorrow, but voice commands for sat nav and phone are still crap, just doesn't recognise me.

It is super speedy though, phone connects instantly, as does WiFi if it is on and configured. navigation through menus is now swift too, no lags.

I haven't bothered with updating the software beyond D as it does what I want quite happily, including the voice activation which I use for phone calls. I need to speak clearly but at a normal level and it's 99% accurate. Odd that you have to shout, presumably they've checked the mic out?

I haven't bothered with updating the software beyond D as it does what I want quite happily, including the voice activation which I use for phone calls. I need to speak clearly but at a normal level and it's 99% accurate. Odd that you have to shout, presumably they've checked the mic out?

I have, they have too, no fault found or so they say. :rolleyes:

Steve,

Your Mic must be faulty as they must "shout" too!

I have been running with the the new C-Version for a few weeks Zero issues so far.

Tel

Steve,

Your Mic must be faulty as they must "shout" too!

I have been running with the the new C-Version for a few weeks Zero issues so far.

Tel

So it is a further upgrade from the G version, mentioned a few months ago? Do you find it very snappy navigating around the unit Tel?

If I go into the service/diagnostics menu, there is a Mic Check, with a set of green boxes to red at the end. If i speak normally, with the car stopped, it doesn't even register. I have to shout to get 1 or 2 boxes filled in. Lexus Leic say nothing wrong with it. I think this is the root cause of why my Voice recognition is so poor, it basically responds with absolute garbage, because it hears garbage.

Yes it is said to be THE upgrade & the Nav is ultra responsive with noticeably less "Recalculations" when deviating from the original route.

Tel

I wouldnt go that far. Tonight's trip back from Liverpool to Leicester attempting to avoid the M6 and A50 tool me on a grand tour of staffordshire and Derbyshire. Sat Nav didn't perform well. It persisted. In trying to route me along the A50 despite it showing the road closed symbol where the road was actually closed! As I did my own thing it got completely confused and continually rerouted and rerouted etc etc.

On the upside, IPod voice nav now works, hurrah! With a hit rate of 1 in 3.......when I speak up of course.

So it is a further upgrade from the G version, mentioned a few months ago? Do you find it very snappy navigating around the unit Tel?

Yes I checked mine, it reports the version in the old format with a G at the end. Glad there is another revision, G is just as bad as E and F as far as I can tell.

Just had service and have the new Firmware. Does seem snappier and I can delete memory points again. Plus this time it didn't wipe my Nav Points.

BB, was there any charge for the update ? . I had mine in for its 1st service today and mentioned it when dropping the car off. I got the story of the parts dept had to order a USB, download the software and then it would take a couple of hours to install. I also got the impression that I would be charged for this.. Seems strange as I updated to version D myself about 6 months ago and it took around 10 mins to upload from the USB. What's your take on this ??

There should be no charge, and it doesn't take the dealership more than 10 minutes to do, and they can get on with something else whilst it is updating.

If they insist on charging then just complain that the current system doesn't work well - that way they should be able to fix the issue under warranty.

• Like 1

Had mine updated a few times now including to the latest version on Friday. Lexus Hatfield have never charged me and always give the car a wash. Brilliant service.

Sent from my Iphone using Lexus OC

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links