Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Audio / Nav Frustration

Thanks for the confirmation, I'll give them a dig on it and at the same time get them to correct the mileage recorded at the time of service. It's 4229mls not 50860 !!!

1000 miles on the new firmware and a few points.

1. When the phone rings, takes about an extra 3-5 secs before it's available to answer from the steering wheel.
  2. Voice iPod still a bit hit and miss, but it's been on a lot more than it normally is.
  3. Not sure if I'm just imagining it but the traffic routing has been good, took me around the 4 closed juntions on the M62 on Monday really well.

Can anyone please tell me what the latest firmware version for the Premium Navigation system is?

The number I have on my 2014 F Sport is VC03101C

Thank You

See post number 386, back one page to page 26.

No too impressed with the latest the more it goes on. Ipod just seems to take an age to crank into gear and while the voice does work you have to wait a least 15 mins before you can use becuase it always says "voice activation system is initialising". But while it is doing this and you try and use the ABC selection for music they are all greyed out for the same time, so you would have to scroll down the whole list manually.

But at least I can now delete my sat nav memory points :geek:

No too impressed with the latest the more it goes on. Ipod just seems to take an age to crank into gear and while the voice does work you have to wait a least 15 mins before you can use becuase it always says "voice activation system is initialising". But while it is doing this and you try and use the ABC selection for music they are all greyed out for the same time, so you would have to scroll down the whole list manually.

The latest software releases sound really really buggy. I have to say I'm suprised at how quickly Lexus are releasing software updates for the nav/phone system. Our car came with version 'D', have to say the only time its crashed was when the iPod crashed, so nothing to do with the car. I think I'll be leaving our car on version 'D' for a good while later, hopefully Lexus will start to release stable software builds, rather than beta versions.

1000 miles on the new firmware and a few points.

1. When the phone rings, takes about an extra 3-5 secs before it's available to answer from the steering wheel.
  2. Voice iPod still a bit hit and miss, but it's been on a lot more than it normally is.
  3. Not sure if I'm just imagining it but the traffic routing has been good, took me around the 4 closed juntions on the M62 on Monday really well.

1. Not seen this , but I had this on previous releases. I'm now using a HTC One (M7) running Android Lollipop V5.03. What phone have you got BB?

2. This only works for me in this release. I'm using a 160GB Ipod classic V7, with about 3k tracks - 40GB of music in it.

3. This has been poor for me, but I'm not really impressed at all with the Lexus routing, does seem a bit weird what it does and I've had issues with it trying to route me down closed roads and getting itself completely flumoxed in heavy traffic.

I get the Voice activation is initialising, but I can always quick jump in the menu using the ABC buttons etc. What Ipod type are you trying to use?

The latest software releases sound really really buggy. I have to say I'm suprised at how quickly Lexus are releasing software updates for the nav/phone system. Our car came with version 'D', have to say the only time its crashed was when the iPod crashed, so nothing to do with the car. I think I'll be leaving our car on version 'D' for a good while later, hopefully Lexus will start to release stable software builds, rather than beta versions.

Gangzoom - you're 4 versions behind currently and IMO the latest version is a marked improvement in stability of connection over Bluetooth and USB to Ipod compared to previous, plus the speed of operation of the system is super quick, no laggy graphics or feeling like you are navigating through custard on the interface. I'd say there is no reason not to upgrade, as each time they seem to have fixed some things, not introduced anything different or new afaik. I'm impressed they are even updating it, my previous vauxhall didn't get one update in 4yrs and it had some significant drawbacks too.

I have an Exec so no premium for me but I have issues with Iphone control via the car. Plugs in and plays fine but if it doesn't respond to track skipping or browsing. Occasionally it does, normally for a short period after the song has started but normally it doesn't. Bluetooth control is okay but not through the cable. I am running the latest iOS and the car software is unknown but I don't know if any updates are available for that. Car is only 3 months old. Just wondering if anyone is experiencing the same?

Check your car software version by clicking on menu/setup/general settings/software update. Read off the code beginning VC##### or VD######

Ask at the dealer, it only takes 10mins to do and it should be free, though they might not do it while you wait.

Steve I've an 80GB ipod Classic. v5 I think and its pretty full, 70GB muisc, maybe that is the reason.

I just listen to the radio for the first 10-15 mins, ipod has caught up by then. Great car but the infotainment is a definite let down.

My Lexus Source from whom I get all my information about future models has told me that Lexus are working very hard on completely new software for the IS - He said something like MM13 - no idea what that means but it should be out in a couple of months and its a MASSIVE improvement over the current system.

• Like 1

That's very good to hear. It really is the Achilles heel of the car. Do the other models, NX/RX/GS etc use the same software?

The hardware is actually very functional, certainty the traffic integration, Bluetooth streaming, Google street maps all show this.

Let's hope Lexus doesn't make it a 'post facelift' only upgrade....

He mentioned hardware is not being changed at all. Simply a software update but they're trying to sort out all the problems and then release it so it doesn't have any further issues which is why its taking so long.

Simply a software update but they're trying to sort out all the problems and then release it so it doesn't have any further issues which is why its taking so long.

A software developer trying to put themselves out of business ?

That'll never happen :D

• Like 1

Another week on and more cursing. Ipod is now buggy as hell. I'm forever rebooting the infotainment now to use the ipod.

Will wait the next update then .........

If I listen to a podcast then the system always hangs when it ends, have to reboot it every time. :(

The navigation system is provided by Aisin AW: http://www.aisin-aw.co.jp/en/products/information/lineup/index.html (scroll down to "Lexus microSD Voice Navigation System for Europe").

QNX, a subsidiary of Blackberry, made a press release in Jan. 2014 (after the release of the IS 300h) that Aisin AW will integrate their navigation engine into the QNX CAR platform: http://www.qnx.com/news/pr_5765_1.html

Watch the video to see a QNX CAR based infotainment system from Maserati: http://www.qnx.com/products/qnxcar/

Will the integration of QNX CAR be the "MM13" software update? That could indeed be a MASSIVE improvement.

I highly doubt they will port QNX over to existing systems. Still QNX by itself means nothing, it is just the underlying OS - it is the application on top that sucks.

It's a shame that Aisin AW don't just stick to transmissions rather than playing with navigation systems and leave it to people who know what they are doing. However Toyota will continue to use them given that they majority own the company, and own a large percentage of the entire Aisin group.

I'm simply hoping Lexus implement Apple Carplay and do away with anything clever at all. Hopefully in time for swapping in a couple of years. Or at least offer it as an option instead of their woeful versions.

Indeed but Toyota have already stated they have no immediate plans to introduce Carplay systems even though they are signed up with apple. This could be a decision point for my next vehicle on whether to stay with Lexus.