Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Audio / Nav Frustration

Lexus have contacted me and told me that an update will be available in the UK in 2 to 3 weeks time.

Have they? Who was it and can you give me the details please?

I'm assuming it was Lexus UK as I work closely with a lot of UK dealers who don't have this confirmation but it is Saturday and I've only rang a few contacts.

The reason is is so critical is because I have to decide which car I have by next week or I lose my company allowance. I'm teetering and just can't decide. I wouldn't like to leave Lexus and this would make all the difference. I do a lot of mileage and there are many pro's and cons to all vehicles I've been looking at.

Alpine, as Geoffers asks, please let us have as much info as you can. Geoffers, It's obvious you have a long Lexus history, and I'm no fanboi, but I don't think I've heard anyone say they'd rather they hadn't bought the car. It is frustrating that it's not 100% but even so...

Alpine, as Geoffers asks, please let us have as much info as you can. Geoffers, It's obvious you have a long Lexus history, and I'm no fanboi, but I don't think I've heard anyone say they'd rather they hadn't bought the car. It is frustrating that it's not 100% but even so...

You're absolutely right and it must seen like I'm spitting out my dummy. There are things that can put us off and with the mileage and amount I'm in the car, this could be a biggy for me. As an example, with my 250 I was one that had the dreaded cracks and creeks that even to this day are still there in a (very) small way. In saying that, every time I hear a crack it goes through me now after all this time. Obviously I've had the dash clips done several times and even took it to a different dealer.

I don't want to go through a similar thing that will annoy me for months on end. Sorry to digress, it was the issue of the small things that can get to us. It's the timing that is out really - there is no question there are going to be teething problems with a new car. That doesn't mean I have to buy it just because there is a reason. I like the car. I like the service.

Sometimes though, its so near perfect that the issues don't matter. Something like these in this thread and others I'm reading when I'm literally at the point of deciding yes or no against another car are enough to sway because it really is very close.

BUT.... If I knew there was a regular update schedule in place from the developers and what exactly is happening, I'd be very happy. Its because I don't have the option of waiting a little while I guess. I think the reason I'm posting is because I really do want one and was hoping there would be a solution so well worth the post if we do get a response.

I have just bought the new Lexus 300h Luxury ( a week ago). I have found the following annoying problems with the in car phone and the voice recognition.

Firstly, when I make a call (i have an Iphone 5s connected by bluetooth)., the person I am speaking with keeps hearing themselves - like an echo. Turning down the volume helps but then I find it difficult to hear them with road noise when driving.

Secondly, when trying to dial a number using voice recognition, the system throws up spurious numbers - example when I say 'Dial', the screen and the voice prompts says '+6.'

Thirdly, when first connected, all my contacts were transferred. Now they have all disappeared, although they are still on my phone. When I try and transfer the contacts list again, it transfers only one number.

I took it back to Lexus Chester today, and they tried to assist me, but eventually, they couldn't, and I was told that there was a software update coming which 'çould' solve the problems I am experiencing.

A shame about these problems with what, otherwise, is a lovely car.

I have to say the the system fitted to my previous cars - A Lexus GS450h and a CT200h had absolutely no issues with the Sat Nav/audio/mobile systems.

Another problem I am having - I tried to register my car on 'MyLexus', and entered the VIN Number, and the Device ID for the Sat Nav, which I obtained from the Service Booklet and through the menu system in the Sat Nav. However, I keep getting the message that the Device ID is invalid. Has anyone else had this problem?

I wonder if there are different versions of the software on cars in the UK and is is why some report more trouble than others. According to posts on www.clublexus.com this is the convoluted method required to check the program version:

Cycle Ignition to ACC- The Lexus Emblem displays on screen

Wait for the display to switch to the caution screen, then select continue.

Cycle the headlight switch On/OFF 3 times while holding down MENU

Select service information

Select version information

Select EMV-M

If the current version is less than V10A8400 you require an update.

Turn ignition off to exit service

I guess the V10A8400 and 8500 version numbers they have in the USA will be different in other markets such as the UK.

I have just bought the new Lexus 300h Luxury ( a week ago). I have found the following annoying problems with the in car phone and the voice recognition.

Firstly, when I make a call (i have an iPhone 5s connected by bluetooth)., the person I am speaking with keeps hearing themselves - like an echo. Turning down the volume helps but then I find it difficult to hear them with road noise when driving.

Secondly, when trying to dial a number using voice recognition, the system throws up spurious numbers - example when I say 'Dial', the screen and the voice prompts says '+6.'

Thirdly, when first connected, all my contacts were transferred. Now they have all disappeared, although they are still on my phone. When I try and transfer the contacts list again, it transfers only one number.

I took it back to Lexus Chester today, and they tried to assist me, but eventually, they couldn't, and I was told that there was a software update coming which 'çould' solve the problems I am experiencing.

A shame about these problems with what, otherwise, is a lovely car.

I have to say the the system fitted to my previous cars - A Lexus GS450h and a CT200h had absolutely no issues with the Sat Nav/audio/mobile systems.

Another problem I am having - I tried to register my car on 'MyLexus', and entered the VIN Number, and the Device ID for the Sat Nav, which I obtained from the Service Booklet and through the menu system in the Sat Nav. However, I keep getting the message that the Device ID is invalid. Has anyone else had this problem?

Hi Mike, sorry to hear about the bluetooth problems, it is veryy buggy and let's hope the software fix that is apparently going to be issued in a couple of weeks or so fixes these problems. It keeps dropping my favourites (although the contacts have stayed in place. Bluetooth audio pauses after 5 mins and needs a touch on the play button on the phone. Not very handsfree! As far as the MYLexus portal is concerned, the device ID numbered nnnn-nnnn-nnnn-nnnn should be entered without the dashes or spaces. That seems to do the trick.

I find it useful for sending an address to the car from my desk, although having saved the trip in the portal I usually have to log out and go back in again before it will show as a saved trip. Then I can send it to the car which, so far, I have been able to retrieve without issue using my iPhone 5 over bluetooth, but remember to turn the Personal Hotspot feature on.

Let us know how you get on.

Hi again

Ref the Device ID. I note that you have shown 4 sets of numbers. My device ID comes up as nn-nn-nn (nnnn-nn-nn). the numbers in the brackets, look like the Year-month-date. Do you think I am looking at the correct Device ID?

Hello

Tried the ignition switch on/off setup, but does not work on my model. perhaps the UK is different from the rest of the world??

Also tried the Device ID to register my vehicle, using every combination of input for the complete set of numbers, but still no good.

Come on Lexus, why are you selling brand new cars with these type of glitches. These issues are some how forgotten to be mentioned when you are selling the vehicle!!

Very frustrated owner.

Hi again

Ref the Device ID. I note that you have shown 4 sets of numbers. My device ID comes up as nn-nn-nn (

nnnn-nn-nn). the numbers in the brackets, look like the Year-month-date. Do you think I am looking at the correct Device ID?

Mike, from the main menu select Setup > Nav> connected services. Scroll through to the bottom and you should see Nav ID as nnnn-nnnn-nnnn-nnnn. When you input it, just input the numbers, no dashes or spaces.

Hello

Tried the ignition switch on/off setup, but does not work on my model. perhaps the UK is different from the rest of the world??

Also tried the Device ID to register my vehicle, using every combination of input for the complete set of numbers, but still no good.

Come on Lexus, why are you selling brand new cars with these type of glitches. These issues are some how forgotten to be mentioned when you are selling the vehicle!!

Very frustrated owner.

The service menu entry does work on uk cars, but the menus are different from the US A and some items require the Lexus diagnostics device to be plugged in, quite sensibly!

My responses from Lexus have come as a result of my submission to them using the web site form I mentioned previously.

This is my 3rd Lexus and I have every confidence they will fix the issues, though it's surprising that the firmware is immature at present. I suspect marketing people won out over the engineers. It's amusing to see Audi having to place tv ads for a car that isn't available until October next year to compete with the IS300h...And then there's the joke electric BMW...

Thanks Apline, I don't suppose you have a name do you? I was in Lexus Bolton on Thursday when they called Lexus UK on my behalf and was told they couldn't give any date. Any chance you could PM the response if you don't want to post publicly?

I agree they probably will iron out the issues and this will be my 4th Lexus. I refuse to go through issues that will frustrate me every day when I'm spending over 35k and I'm more than reasonable to expect a timeline, especially as I am in the software and electronics industry. I put up with the dashboard rattles/cracks for months before the solutions but knowing there was one didn't make it any better.

I've managed to delay when I need to buy the car by a couple of weeks so the response you have from Lexus UK would be really helpful. I actually want to buy the car - I'm not putting arguments against it, only my reasons for being out off when there is another car I'm particularly looking at.

Hi Geoffers,

I was in Lexus Bolton last weekend and they couldn't give me any update. I had contacted lexus separately though and received a response via email on Monday. The below is the exact response:

'Thank you for providing us with the additional information we requested.

I have looked into your concern and have been advised that Toyota Motor Europe are currently testing a proposed fix and are hopeful to have this released to the Lexus Network for implementation within the next 2-3 weeks.

In closing, I would like to thank you for your patience in this matter and please accept my apologies for any inconvenience and frustration cased to you.'

I hope this helps.

• 3 weeks later...

That's great news Carl that there is an update

Having read the issues everyone seemed to be getting I was apprehensive as to what my experience would be once I collected my car last week.

Whilst the system had a bit of a fit on one occasion it does seem to have been pretty seamless for me and I have tried almost everything. I have even been able to get my texts and e-mails without drama. Maybe I already have the update as my vehicle is recent?

In any event if there is an update then I'll definitely get it sorted for my car as anything that makes the infotainment system more stable is definitely worth having.

Let us all know what difference the update makes and what the version number is so that we can all check we have the latest update.

Cheers!

That's good to hear, what phone have you connected with the car?

Hi David

I was able to connect my Sony Xperia Z.

I had to confirm on my phone, some on-screen prompts to confirm that I allow the system to access and read my messages the first time I set it up (I also had to check the tick box so that it remembered for next time - otherwise the phone will re-prompt you every time you switch the car on and it tries to connect) but other than that it works OK. It's not the fastest but it works and the reading out of the texts is helpful if you were waiting for one while you are driving and means you don't have to look at or use your phone which is the whole point.

You are alerted to any new e-mails or texts on screen and can either select have them read or you can ignore them.

Provisionally mine goes in next week & I have requested to see the Up-Grade Spec which I will Post so we all know what we are getting.

Tel

Brilliant Tel. Top marks for thinking of that!

I had a call from Lexus today, mine's going in on Monday. It'll be the first one they've done so I've a loan car as they don't know how long it will take. Will obviously report back here.

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links