Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Energy Drink For You Car....

petayV8

Ill check out that BG44K. btw it was redex's saying about being a energy drink, it was on the cardboard label lol, didnt actually expect it to give me performance just good to clean injectors etc

i recon high RON fuels do a better job as the cleaning agents are formulated into the fuels its self so its already pre mixed. and cost about an extra £5ver more to fill up the tank with one compared to normal unleaded. I recon they the best when it comes to cleaning engine internals for less money.

see here

Fifth Gear did a feature on how to get some of the horses lost from your car due to time and said that the most effective and cheapest was Redex. They put the car on a rolling road measured the bhp. Then added Redex and saw that the bhp did go up. For £2 what do you have to loose? Other than a lottery ticket where you could win millions but what are the chances of that......ha ha.

• 5 weeks later...

I used Redex on my 7 series and I have to be honest it has made a difference, the car starts a lot better from cold, idles better as the car was pinking. In terms of mpg, I can't comment on that at the moment. I was going to get both cars Terracleaned as I saw this on Wheeler Dealers and it made a difference to the car they were working on. These things can't hurt 13 year old cars.

• Like 1

I use Forte Advanced Formula Gas Treatment for cleaning the fuel line and engine, etc. it's £10 a bottle and I have noticed an improvement, careful driving combined, my fuel economy is great.

I agree, better fuels are best, not entirely convinced by higher RON for the IS200, when 95 Octane is sufficient, but there are those who swear by it. Fuel prices usually govern what goes in Zorro, but where Esso is a penny or two close to Asda, i'll use Esso.

(2p a litre more, will only ever equate TO A MAXIMUM of £1.40 per full tank)

It's the second bottle of Forte I've used this year. Zorro has been serviced twice too. I think careful driving is the bigger factor, but my fuel economy is often above 31MPG and Zorro is my daily driver, so I would highly recommend Forte and would advise people to use these engine cleaners, especially as most IS' are over 100,000 miles now.

• 2 weeks later...

Just use 98 & be done with it. If you want power in a bottle you're better off upgrading your engine oil to a high quality synthetic like Motul or M1.