Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

My Ls400 needs a good few euros spent on it , tax , timming belt and afew bits and bobs underneath.

For the same or less outlay i could by a newer less milage Ls400 with no work needed 6 months tax , bear in mind annual road tax in Ireland for this car is 1800 + euro and full service history , timming belt done at 121 and 130.000 on the clock.

Or a 2002 Ls430 4 months tax long nct (mot) . I would still keep my oo and get all the work done by nxt summer and sell the 99 reg that the otherhalf drives .

What you guys think

My Ls400 needs a good few euros spent on it , tax , timming belt and afew bits and bobs underneath.

For the same or less outlay i could by a newer less milage Ls400 with no work needed 6 months tax , bear in mind annual road tax in Ireland for this car is 1800 + euro and full service history , timming belt done at 121 and 130.000 on the clock.

Or a 2002 Ls430 4 months tax long nct (mot) . I would still keep my oo and get all the work done by nxt summer and sell the 99 reg that the otherhalf drives .

What you guys think

Have I read it right the cost of your Road Tax 1800 euros = £1600

Motor tax was the reason why I did buy my LS400 from Ireland and drove it to Finland. The tax was madness so price was cheap, about 2000e compared to Finnish price 12000e.

But if I would be (still) living in Ireland I would go and buy LS430 since they are quite cheap too and timing belt alone can cost 1000e if you have to pay someone to do the work + parts of course.

And definitely in Ireland they should be buyers market for these cars, so even LS430 should be relatively cheap.

I lived in Waterford, 1999-2001,I brought over my 17 year old Volvo 960 estate,from the UK,if i'd registered it in Ireland, during my stay there, it would have cost £880 to road tax it,more than the car was worth.

• 3 weeks later...