Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Is200 Key Fob

Hey Pete.

Not sure if I am allowed to ask this.. I live in Birmingham as well and my key has just snapped.

Can you help?

Hey Pete.

Not sure if I am allowed to ask this.. I live in Birmingham as well and my key has just snapped.

Can you help?

Ask away....sure Pete can help with a contact number ect.

:P sorry guys for the late reply

as i'm permitted to give out the information here are the detail

B'ham Master Locksmiths

No.1A Pershore Street

B'ham

B5 4RU

0121 632 5270

Thanks a lot Pete

£17.50 to cut a supplied flip key to my original that had fallen apart, considering timpsons wanted £140 to cut their own non flip key blank and refused to touch mine I'm chuffed with what I payed.

That's Great!

Do you have a link to the flip key?

I've managed to snap/break 4 keys in the past 5 years and have enjoyed all the trekking about trying to find a decent place to cut a new blank. Snapped yet another key just over a week ago and found a fantastic option on eBay who managed to supply and cut a new key without the transponder for £7.49. He was able to cut the key from a couple of pics I e-mailed him, it almost sounded too good to be true after all the drama I've had in the past but ordered 2 keys anyway. They arrived this morning and after changing over the transponder the car fired up first time, they took a week from ordering to delivery.

Here's a link to the 3 button key http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Lexus-IS200-RX300-GS300-LS400-Key-Fob-Case-Shell-MASSIVE-SALE-Prices-slashed-/141080723126?pt=UK_CarsParts_Vehicles_CarParts_SM&fits=Car+Make%3ALexus&hash=item20d910feb6

He can supply a 2 button valet as well if that's what you need.

it's sound like in movie "Mission Impossible" sending few picture and they can make an exact copy of a key.

To me is a big "NO" .... for personnel security reason :shruriken: :shruriken: :zorro: :shruriken: :shruriken:

I had the same concerns but a key without a transponder coded to the ecu will only allow access into the car triggering the alarm unless its been disarmed again with the coded transponder. I rarely if ever keep anything of value in the car so the convenience out weighed the potential loss of a 3 month old bag of Wurthers toffees. I didn't want my post to come across as an ad or imply that I have any sort of a connection to the eBay seller or sinister ulterior motive.The eBay business he runs is run along side another web site http://www.keysinthepost.com/, I looked into the sellers feedback to see if any buyers had security issues but not a single negative comment from 2337 happy punters, only after weighing it all up did I decide to purchase.

I've been a long time browser of the forum and thought it might help a few people out on the site as I know how many keys I have snapped myself and how many other owners have found themselves in the same situation with the key always breaking at the weak point at the top of the blade.

him I used gardian security, i took my original down, they scanned it, then used the 3d image they had in file, then merged the 2 images, as he said if he made a brand new copy it wouldn't work a the barrel is warn it would get stuck, so when i got back to the car it worked perfectly, and I put the 2nd hand transponder in and programmed it to the car bingo it worked fine, so now i have 2 keys.

if u want the reprogramming sequence i used mp me and il send it to you.