Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Hid Bulbs.... Been Quoted £60 Each

I reckon my low beam bulb has gone, it comes on and then after a few mins goes out... Just phoned the local spares shop, and got told they are £60 each... Nearly had a flipping heart attack.

Is there anywhere cheaper?... Much cheaper?

Thanks

Scott

Genuine Philips D4S bulbs are not cheap. Getting aftermarket rubbish is not worth it as i've used them and they go bad very quick and some people have also had the headlamp housing melt because of bad quality aftermarket bulbs. I purchased a pair of brand new philips genuine bulbs for £49.98 from a eBay seller in bulgaria who has ex-shop stock that he is clearing. Always a good idea to replace as a pair otherwise the two bulbs colour outputs will be slightly different. If your interested, eBay item number: 221185678441

• 2 weeks later...

I reckon my low beam bulb has gone, it comes on and then after a few mins goes out... Just phoned the local spares shop, and got told they are £60 each... Nearly had a flipping heart attack.

Is there anywhere cheaper?... Much cheaper?

Thanks

Scott

Yes that is not a bad price if it is for the OEM Philips bulb. I don't understands why people buy a premium brand car then complain when parts are not cheap?

• 6 months later...

I bought a pair of 4300K D4S cheapies from ebay - £20 for a pair.

They're indistinguishable from the stock bulbs in terms of light output, and have worked flawlessly for 12 months.

Update: One bulb burned out after 18 months. So I changed both. The other has badly discoloured glass and looks like it is also on its last legs.

Given the difficulty of changing them, I'm going to genuine name-brand lamps - Philips, or Osram.

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links