Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Broke My Aux Port Under Armrest - Help Please

Hi all..

I have been having problems with my aux port for a while as it does not always work. I have tried so many cables from cheap to expensive. I have also tried the switch to FM and the start the car and trying aux - but still no luck.

This evening i thought i will give the cable a slight push at the port and this helped, so assuming that the port was faulty i decided to take the port cover off with a flat head screwdriver....

:oops: NOW i have totally messed it us as the port has sliped in the armrest and i can not put the cover on nor get the port to come back up.

can someone point me in the right direction please how to access the port under the armrest....and whilst I am there i dont mind chnaging the port if I have to if it is an easy job as I have seen video on how to take the NAV out but all those wires just threw me out :blink:

I have tried to upload a picture but dont no if it worked, please see below: Thank you

post-47925-0-74366900-1382743908_thumb.j

post-47925-0-49010300-1382743965_thumb.j

Got no idea about the port itself...never been into that territory.

There was, however, a quite good guide into removing the centre dash and console units. It came from the Lexusowners site in the USA. Think I have a link at home. If you want it, I'll put it up for you tonight if i remember.

Those plastic lever tools are best for getting the bits apart but you can use a tape protected flat screwdriver blade if you are really careful.

I took my sons 220d console out using a screw driver.

Hi Normski, Thank you for the reply. I have seen videos of the centre console and sat nav being removed for carbon warpping etc but none go as far as the arm rest.

I wonder if taking the rear ashtray and vent off would help, will give it a try and see if I can get my hands up to the arm rest.

Thank you

• 2 weeks later...

Hi, does anyone know how to remove the centre armrest as I have managed to take the screws off the rear ashtray, middle and below the Sat Nav screws but the whole things still seems to be very tight around the sides of the passenger and driver knee air bag!!!. I am just about able to lift the armrest but not enough for me to get to the AUX port.

Any help will be appriciated!!!

Any videos or diagrams will be helpful so that I can take the whole console off.

Thank you

Click on this link and scroll down to reply No 6. There is a pdf there that you can download and keep. May help you out?

http://www.clublexus.com/forums/is-second-generation/618352-removing-entire-dash-tomorrow-anyone-have-any-pointers.html

You can also try the search criteria on Youtube to get some more pointers. Things like Stereo removal, dash removal, centre console removal are a good place to start.

Holly Molly!!!! - That looks like a big job :unsure:

Thanks Normski, as always

If all fails, then I will just cut the console, fix the Aux Port and then put some felt to cover the whole.