Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Is220D Power Steering Issues

Kfitz

Hi, looking for some help, bought my lexus 2 years ago its a 2008 model and have had nothing but problem after problem with it and Lexus themselves have been in two words, pretty useless....

Only last week the power steering failed. Thats the second significant failure I've had in 6 months. Complete engine rebuild back in May/June which eventually they agreed to cover after I did some research however. Anyway in this case Lexus are sticking by there 3 year warranty and 100km warranty, but I don't understand why I would have such a significant failure with the car again in such a short space of time. Steering rack and ECU needs changing at a little over €2500.. have any of you guys had this issue? took 2 months for lexus to admit and to sort the engine rebuild issue and I can't afford to be without a car again therefore I'm just going to stump up the cost now.

By the time I'm finished I reckon I have a brand new car under me with the amount of replacement parts that have gone into it..

Has your car had the recall work on the steering? I had mine recalled in late 2007 to fix the steering rack. Like you I had many problems, and after owning one for over six years got rid of it. I wonder whether the steering issue is linked to the power steering failure.

Hi, I'm trying to find out if it has been recalled already, or just something else Lexus forgot to notify every owner about. I've had no response from Lexus directly and the dealer I bought the car from just 2 years ago, their response oh thats terrible and sorry to hear about that... still had to hand over €2.5K to get it back. Car would be 2007 build as its date of registration is mid Jan 2008. I'll never go Lexus again, between EGR valves, DPF's, corroding calipers, engine rebuild only this year too and a new cat converter.... I've owned Alfa's in the past and never had such problems. Sorry I didnt go with the 159 instead of this.

The guys in the garage told me the ECU was blown by the steering rack and both needed changing.

• 9 years later...
  • 9 months later...

check the main fuse, it was blown and some pseudo-repairman tried to solder it with tin, the tin broke and I also had no radio, power steering, or lights.  Of course, after repairing it, everything looked ok, the car was driving well until I simply replaced the wheels with winter wheels, I left the garage, parked the car, then came back and there was no power steering, only the P/S light was on and the rest, the radio and lights worked.