Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

I just noticed that there is water in my tweeters , i know its a common fault , but is there a quick fix.

Its your front sun roof drains blocked try putting some hot water down them first. before you start to poke anything down them to clear them.

Martin, yes, there is a quick fix.I had the same problem a few years back and found that by carefully applying a small thin strip of clear silicone all around the outside edge of the black triangular door mirror base , it cured the leak permanently. I didn't think the water came from the sunroof in the first place. I did this on the driver's and passenger doors. Much cheapness.

• 3 years later...

I'm also having a problem with water leaking from my driver's side tweeter cover.

My local garage has resealed the mirror using silicone from the outside underneath and around the black triangular trim but this hasn't fixed it, although I believe Lexus have tried this approach in the past from the service history.

I'm struggling to understand how blocked sunroof drainage holes could cause water to enter the speaker area, can anybody explain? - otherwise that points to the mastic in the door trim being the culprit, as per the tutorial on the site.

I don't fancy trying this myself, has anybody got their indy to do this repair for them with success?

The blocked drain is a problem at the front as the accessability to these drains is difficult to say the least the drain is fed through the corner above the windscreen into a plastic pipe which exits in the crush bar inside the front wing and the water drains out of the liner in the wheel well.

I have to say that the overflow from the tray when braking or parked with front sloping down would cause water to run into the body of the windscreen area or even drip into the cabin via the roof lining,how it would migrate into the door frame is beyond credibility.

Any water ingress to the door mirror surround and the tweeters would likely come through the window seal,or the seal to the mirror fixing.

• 2 weeks later...

My local garage followed the tutorial on the site to replace the mastic in between the door trim.

Very happy to report that this has cured the tweeter water leak so many thanks to those who contributed to the tutorial :smile: