Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Key Problem

webby73

Hi all can you help plz went out in my is200 last night all ok got home locked car ok got up this morning went out key dosent work red light dosent light up on any of the 3 buttons what could be wrong apart from the obvious Battery, seems strange that it worked last night then nothing this morning also is there any way i can get into and start the car without the alarm going off so i can drive it hope someone can help thanks.

Sounds like the fob Battery. Not strange, it will just go. If its your only key then you can't get in it without setting the alarm off. Open it with the key. When you open the door the alarm will sound. Start the car and the alarm will go off after 10 seconds (feels a lot longer trust me)

I also suggest you get a spare key. If you lose all keys it's just an absolute nightmare. You can't just get a new key for it, you always need an existing key to get a new one even from Lexus