Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Is300 Auto Box Kickdown Switch

mike_01

it's the switch which when activated tells the gearbox to shift down it doesn't just do magically

got a link but won't let me put it up or paste it for some reason

if you put this in google search

is300 gearbox kickdown switch

it's the 4th one down

just had a look in google. and tho it shows the switch it does not mention its locaton so worth phoning a lexus branch and ask for the location. is yours not kicking down then??

I do but not all the time I want to that is specifically why I bought an auto or more towards triptronic for the convenience of when I want to shift or not, but still it's a fault that I want to sort but really would have thought someone would know as would possibly be the same on the is200

• 2 weeks later...

Hiya.

As far as I'm aware, there isn't one on the IS200. The auto gearbox is controlled by the engine ecu, therefore the throttle position sensor can be used to tell where the pedal is. So in theory, a kick down switch isn't needed. Modern autos don't really need them.

If I put pedal to the metal so to speak, I don't feel any change in the pedal but the car still drops to the lowest possible gear.

If it's a cable operated accelerator on yours like on the IS200, then perhaps check it is all adjusted correctly.

You've got an RS200 right? What's it actually doing that you think there's something wrong. The 5AT boxes are an "adaptive shift" style trans, meaning they learn your driving style and shift accordingly. If your stuck in traffic all week then take it for a spirited drive in the weekend unfortunatly it's still going to be in weekday mode. Only way arond it is to reset the ECU & go for that sprited drive so it relearns the more aggresive shift patern.

The only sensor I can think of is on the throttle bodie, they have been known to give trouble. http://www.toyodiy.com/parts/p_J_199904_TOYOTA_ALTEZZA_SXE10-AEAVF_2211.7.html?hl=22060

Also when was the last time you changed the ATF? Should be done every 90K km. We've had great results with Motul Multi ATF (100% synthetic) in place of the factory T-IV (Mobil 3309).

is an rs200 no check lights up etc.. just sometimes kicks down when overtaking others it doesn't you have to manual change down if not, I did find out pretty quick the car being adaptive to driving styles same as last toyota was the same good self learning, but that's why was thinking of a kickdown switch faulty, so might be sensor or ecu but would think sensor is fine due to car running fine and no codes

is there an auto ecu pinout so can check to see if there is a specific pin for kickdown control

oil not long been done

say when you cruising at 40 mph and want to over take a slower vehicle and put your foot down does it not kick down at all or does it hold for about a second or two before kicking down?

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links