Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

New Owner With A Warning Light

JSeaman

Hi all,

I just picked up my first LS430, crikey these things are equipped! Probably the best spec car I've ever had and the ride quality is almost as good as a Bentley (the gadgets are way better!). Very pleased in general and the kids love the buttons for the back seats.

I do have the engine warning light on but it drives fine so I'm assuming lambda sensor or similar - before I spend hours googling, is there a paperclip method to get error codes out rather than an OBDII reader?

James

Well the good news is that worked a treat and brought me up a service menu. It had a few different areas with 'check' against them. I found holding 'clear' for a while reset them and a recheck didn't bring any of them back.

That said, my engine warning light is still on. If any of you are able to interpret this, the data I got under Fr-Display was:

01-d5 440-57- 4
01-d8 178-e1- 1
01-d8 1c0-e1- 1
01-d8 440-e1- 1
01-d8 1f0-e1- 1

01-dc 178-e4- f
01-dc 1c6-37- 1
01-dc 1c0-e4- 4
01-dc 440-e4- 4
01-dc 1f0-e4- 3

• 2 weeks later...

Just some closure on this one - got the TIS stuff as per the link above, it can indeed be made to work on a 64 bit machine with a little tweaking and it's a lot more useful than the service menu above. Codes are pointing at cat/lambda sensor in case anyone was wondering