Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

http://www.autotrader.co.uk/classified/advert/201311079749294/sort/ageasc/usedcars/radius/1500/postcode/cf833ee/price-to/1000/page/3/onesearchad/used%2Cnearlynew%2Cnew/make/lexus?logcode=p

To be honest, i'd probably have more to play around with, but . . . Really? All this for £995?

What's wrong with people? why is this car so cheap?

I know, I know, 3.0l petrol engines scare people away and it's 15 years old. But still!

Yeah, the LS400 MKIV is picking up again. If I get an LS, I'd be looking for a 1990 'H' Reg and have it as a Classic Car.

I'm hoping that Zorro will be fine for another 2-3 years, but I've 18,000 miles this yea, since January, already and am now over 140,000 miles on the clock. With servicing and good maintenance, I know this will not be an issue. But if I start planning now, I can put some money aside.

Do I go IS250 or GS400?

I'd like a newer car when the time comes, so I could be looking at '09/59' plate cars in 2016. Best start looking now. lol.

That's what i paid for my gs Stuart, mine has done 115k, In my opinion they are a bargain. I dont regret buying ours in the least.

The fuel consumption is on a par with the is200 we had.

• Like 1

The insurance was £8 a year more Stuart ??????? Don't know how they work it out,..... but on the upside the tax is cheaper per year. Our is200 was a late 2001 so fell in higher bracket.

The one you have linked to is the same spec and colour as ours apart from we have the black leather interior.

• Like 1

I paid 600 for "Jubilee" (pronounced "jubbly").

130k, and a bit battered on the corners. (75 y/o previous owner :( )

When I was looking, most were around 1200, so the car in the OP is on the cheap side, and had I still been looking, I would have certainly gone to look at it - and probablty bought.

• Like 1

Interesting posts,

I paid a bit more than the one mentioned here, but that was my fault as I didnt realise a "Lexus" could be that reasonable, even if it was 16 years old! Could have probably haggled the price a bit.

With only 97000 on the clock I didn't hesitate.

I've learnt to keep away from Lexus dealers when it comes to spares (especially exhausts).

I love driving my car, wouldn't want change it except Maybe for a new one! Lol.

Must also admit that I was surprised when it came to insurance. Was expecting some silly quotes, but, in the end it worked out

£100 more than my previous insurance, (for twice the car. Lol)

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Whats annoying for me is i want to buy a GS300 also, but it'll be in the USA and they cost triple, which is fair enough. The Americans know when they see a good car unlike here obviously. Im looking at this one with a finance deal

http://sfbay.craigslist.org/nby/ctd/4208161302.html

But i want to know its gonna be super reliable like my IS200 - might start a new thread

• 3 months later...

I have an 07 GS SE-L

Most reliable car i have ever had. I have done over 110K in 3.5 years and never had an issue.

was thinking of changing, but looking about nothing does what she does as well.

She is quite, relaxed but can pick up her skirt and run very quick if i want to.

Killer sound system, comfortable seats.

To get similar spec / comfort it would have to be 7 series BMW of S class Merc

Sad thing is 3.5 years ago she was £16.5k, now trade in type value is about £3k

I have decided to keep running her for a while longer, and just keep up the regular maintenance .

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

I just got my GS450h. I do mileage, no doubt about that but for the comfort, the sound, the toys...the increased fuel consumption is well worth it.

I hate to say this...it is really sad BUT If they could build women like a GS450H....You'd have to call me Sheikh Manywomen