Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Hids Flickering

coopa

i have recently fitted a set of hids to find that since i have fitted them they have been flickering slightly. its not just one side but both does anyone know what this could be

I am getting in touch with the company I had them off to get my money back first. Is there a way to stop dc ballasts flickering so I know if there gonna try and just fob me off

Sounds like a duff set to me, I run HIDs on my LS400 and have never had a problem using the existing wiring.

Normal bulbs draw 55 Watts and IIRC HID ballast is rated at 35 Watts so current draw should be less and the wiring should cope.

It shouldn't be the car. As in, mine is fine and I've checked the supply etc. It's worth checking there isn't anything wrong with the supply in your car in case something else is slightly iffy. To be honest though, I'd doubt it.

I notice you're in Staffordshire somewhere, I'm near Lichfield and an electrical engineer. You'd be more than welcome to pop over if you wanted a second opinion and for me to drop my meter on to check everything is ok.

As said before, there's no problem with the wiring on the IS200. The only issue is with the automatic headlight system, which can be damaged with HID lighting. This causes the healights to stick on normally though.

I have hids with dc ballasts. Been on about 2 years other than the first set i had where a ballast died after 2 months i have never had a problem with them. Always have the lights on auto setting as well. Never blown a bulb or anything. Put a sett on my wifes car as well (imported toyota fieldtourer) never had a problem with hers eiither. One bulb has blown cuurrently but never a problem with them. both set where cheap ones from japan as well.

I have hids with dc ballasts. Been on about 2 years other than the first set i had where a ballast died after 2 months i have never had a problem with them. Always have the lights on auto setting as well. Never blown a bulb or anything. Put a sett on my wifes car as well (imported toyota fieldtourer) never had a problem with hers eiither. One bulb has blown cuurrently but never a problem with them. both set where cheap ones from japan as well.

Sounds like the reviews on the net are just to get people to buy latest idea. If yours have lasted that long shows the bad comments about dc ballasts is just hype.

I believed it and bought as set of the digital ac ballasts after my first post and first set were useless.

The stuck relay issue is a new one on me. I've had a Meccatune Red Sun HID kit on my GS for years, always in auto mode. Only issue I've ever had was a flickering bulb on one side (replaced the bulb).

• 3 months later...

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links