Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Is 200 Misfire Help

hey

iv never had a Lexus before what a nice car to drive and to be in but since iv had the car the EML light keeps come on after a couple of miles iv give the car a good service like oil and oil filter spark plugs air filter still the same after that i scanned the car and the cords p0300 p0302 p0305 ooh and for peace of mind the fuel filter in the tank after it was done the car was a lot better and nice to drive lots of power but still the eml light still comes on after couple of miles and it seems to happen when the car under load like an hill at a steady speed like to night it happened and i scanned it quick and the core was p0300 random misfire iv found if the eml light comes on and flashes say your at traffic lights idling the light goes off after like 30 seconds i plan on keeping the car and don't mind spending money on it but i just need some help in the right direction

po300 is random miss fire 301 is cylinder one misfire 302 is cylinder 2 misfire and so on so it would seem you have a misfiire on cylinder 2 and cylinder 5. if you have changed to plugs the correct ones not cheap ones then i suggest a you have 2 faulty coils. number 2 and number 5 . easy to check change number 2 coil for number 1 and change number 5 coil for number 4. road test again if the light comes back on and fault codes change to 301 and 304 then its 2 faulty coils. simple as that.

Good advice^ that's what I would do. Does sound like you have a couple if faulty coils.

Does the car actually mis fire? Or is it just the light and codes?

I assume you used irridium spark plugs either denso or NGK. The car really doesn't like any other kind of plug even if they are irridium I've found.