Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Ecu Reprograme

DEE-BO

iv'e recently got myself an is200.the only problem i have is the missing master key.i have seen a couple of ways i might be able to get round this.the dealer option,second hand ecu,locks and keys and finally a new key from lexus and a guy in a warehouse who says he can get the new master from lexus to work with my ecu(by reprogramming ecu).i want to go for the last option as it is by far the cheapest (£200 all in) but i've read some other threads that say this may cause me problems.HELP!!!anyone heard of these problems?or any advise on a way to get a master key without breaking the bank would be great.thanks.

oh,if i do go with the reprogram can i just disconnect ecu and reconnect it or is there some special procedure?

thanks again

• 3 months later...

• 3 weeks later...

Thanks for the reply,tho i have solved the issue.ecu re-chipped.master key and valet key sorted!cost a bit (£300)but i'm happy with it.the hardest bit was tracking down a locksmith who would do it.