Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Ls430 Rear Drivers Side Door Won't Open

Hi all, I've got a rather annoying recent issue with my 2001 LS430, the driver's side rear door won't open on my car. Either from the inside or outside, now as this problem was intermittent I managed to get the door card off whilst the door opened last week. Now it doesn't want to open at all and it makes a groaning noise when it's goes to unlock the door. I've seen the actuator lock thread on the clublexus website but from what I could tell that was replacing the actuator with the door open. I need help in actually getting the door to open, is their a way of doing this now I have the door card off?

any help appreciated as I want to get this sorted.

Thanks

If you can hear the actuator trying to move it could be partially seized linkages to the lock/door handles, may be worth grabbing a torch and hitting all the linkages with WD40 to see if this frees them off.

At least the door card is off which is 3/4 of the battle won.

• Like 1

The problem is the very limited visibility in the door due to the actuator location on the rear door is right up in the corner of the door. I don't think it's a rod issue as I can feel resistance on the handle and the inner cable.

I think the actuator has just locked it down the lock mechanism, this is drivin me nuts

hi

there is a thread here - if you click the link in the first post you will see how to remedy this problem

http://www.clublexus.com/forums/ls430/520505-ls-430-door-lock-actuator-tutorial.html

i thought i would post the link anyway

If i find anything with regards to how to open the door i will post up

I had the same problem door was locked shut, I bit the bullet and took it to my dealer they charged me for the part only, they said they would repair it for free but could not say how long it would work, so I payed for a new actuator motor and linkage.

When I arrived at the garage I said the doors locked shut so the door card can not be removed, they said thay can not open a locked door without damaging the door card it just can not be opened from the outside/inside, this was going to be expensive so I went out gave the door a thundering slam pressed the remote and it slowly opened :whistling: , half hour later all fixed 180 all in no vat no labour.

If you can remove the door card keep it off till you get it sorted could save a load of hassle.

Mark

Hi, thanks for the links but i've seen them and whilst they are helpful, they only apply with the door being open. I cant open the door to remove the 3 bolts that are by the door latch. These need to be removed to get the door lock / actuator out.

I had the same problem door was locked shut, I bit the bullet and took it to my dealer they charged me for the part only, they said they would repair it for free but could not say how long it would work, so I payed for a new actuator motor and linkage.

When I arrived at the garage I said the doors locked shut so the door card can not be removed, they said thay can not open a locked door without damaging the door card it just can not be opened from the outside/inside, this was going to be expensive so I went out gave the door a thundering slam pressed the remote and it slowly opened :whistling: , half hour later all fixed 180 all in no vat no labour.

If you can remove the door card keep it off till you get it sorted could save a load of hassle.

Mark

My door card is off.

What dealer did you take yours too? Im quite surprised they never charged anything for the labour??

Im going to take the panel off the other rear passenger door and have a look at that and see if I can see any differences.

Once this is sorted I'm probably going to sell the car on and possibly get a gs300 05 year preferably

What dealer did you take yours too? Im quite surprised they never charged anything for the labour??

Im going to take the panel off the other rear passenger door and have a look at that and see if I can see any differences.

Once this is sorted I'm probably going to sell the car on and possibly get a gs300 05 year preferably

GS 430 surely.

• 3 weeks later...

lexusdaduk, what dealer did you use?

I have been quoted 2 hours labour ( £200 + ) by lexus Bristol + Parts if needed so I can't see how you weren't charged labour mate? I'm intrigued to know who you used.

• 1 month later...

Hi all, I've got a rather annoying recent issue with my 2001 LS430, the driver's side rear door won't open on my car. Either from the inside or outside, now as this problem was intermittent I managed to get the door card off whilst the door opened last week. Now it doesn't want to open at all and it makes a groaning noise when it's goes to unlock the door. I've seen the actuator lock thread on the clublexus website but from what I could tell that was replacing the actuator with the door open. I need help in actually getting the door to open, is their a way of doing this now I have the door card off?

any help appreciated as I want to get this sorted.

Thanks

Hi

Did you manage to get your door open?

I'm facing the same problem.

Thanks

dear g man

had the same problem with my LS430 2001 lexus wanted to charge me £470 pounds they obviously wont tell you how to do it this worked for me Open the other doors normaly with the smart key as normal then stand near the locked door and on your remote press the open and close at the same time hold down for 10 seconds then press the open button on its own and a presto should open It worked for me good luck to anyone out there with the same problem

bandjw

dear g man

had the same problem with my LS430 2001 lexus wanted to charge me £470 pounds they obviously wont tell you how to do it this worked for me Open the other doors normaly with the smart key as normal then stand near the locked door and on your remote press the open and close at the same time hold down for 10 seconds then press the open button on its own and a presto should open It worked for me good luck to anyone out there with the same problem

bandjw

Welcome to the LOC.

Handy tip,thanks for sharing it.

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links