Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Has Anyone?

gl3n

Has anyone put a skyline lump in a Lexus is200? I like the look of the car but I don't think it'll have the kick I'm after, any ideas? Cheers guys

Have you thought about having an is300 which has a 2jzge engine running standard around 211 hp and a bet it can be turbo or supercharged.Theres plenty of guys on here who will be able to help,but youre talking serious money for forced induction.

I've been looking into the is300 I do love it but I hate autos lol could a manual box be put on one do you know? I know it'll cost a few quid to do I've also been thinking of a supra engine apparently they'll pretty much bolt straight in?

I think if I want more power I may have to think about a different car :/

+ 1

it all depends on the power you looking. intake, header and exhaust will not make the IS200 powerful. turbo/ supercharger will and most I have seen on threads put out 220-250bhp. its also possible to do V8 engine swaps or the supra 2JZ-GTE swap but all needs to be done reliably as you don't want to be braking down every now and again. so if you are experienced then you don't have any problems but if not then pay and leave it to a professional to carry out the job.

found these guys based in Coventry who could advise on turboing or V8 engine swaps for the IS. my guess will be you looking around £4000 - maybe £6000 all in but speak to them first

http://www.thor-racing.co.uk/Home-1.asp

alternatively just get a more powerful car. ends up working out cheaper as well I found. e.g a full kit supercharger alone for an IS200 which will make around 210 -220bhp cost around £2000 alone this is without the cost of the car and fitting labour and IS300 makes 210bhp standard and can be picked up for as little as £2500 and has E-shift which enables you to select your gears just as a manual. there are more cheaper powerful cars out there to have but all depends on the power you looking for. RX8's, Mazda MPS, WRX, 3.0 legacies, 2.4 Accords, Type R's , GS430 V8's, 1.8Turbo Audi A4's etc can all be picked up within £2000 - £4000 and these cars I have listed alone range between 190 - 280bhp. WRX alone is said to hit 60 in 5.9secs so they are bargain powerful cars out there if you don't want the hassle that comes with aftermarket boosting or engine swaps.

just take a look at these examples

http://www.autotrader.co.uk/classified/advert/201312090420884/sort/default/usedcars/engine-size-cars/2l_to_2-5l/onesearchad/used%2Cnearlynew%2Cnew/model/mazda6/page/1/transmission/manual/make/mazda/keywords/mps/postcode/mk160ay/radius/200/body-type/saloon?logcode=p

http://www.autotrader.co.uk/classified/advert/201311290233591/sort/default/usedcars/postcode/mk160ay/make/mazda/onesearchad/used%2Cnearlynew%2Cnew/radius/200/model/rx8/transmission/manual/page/1?logcode=p

http://www.autotrader.co.uk/classified/advert/201310229400169/sort/default/usedcars/radius/200/price-to/4000/engine-size-cars/2l_to_2-5l/page/2/postcode/mk160ay/onesearchad/used%2Cnearlynew%2Cnew/body-type/saloon/transmission/manual/make/subaru/model/impreza/price-from/2000?logcode=p

http://www.autotrader.co.uk/classified/advert/201311210062550/sort/default/usedcars/onesearchad/used%2Cnearlynew%2Cnew/model/accord/postcode/mk160ay/radius/200/transmission/manual/keywords/2.4/body-type/saloon/page/1/make/honda/engine-size-cars/2l_to_2-5l?logcode=p

I am not sure but does the IS300 not come as 5sp manual as a saloon in UK?

I know the IS300 SportCross only comes as 5sp auto ... but the IS300 saloon was coming as auto or manual.

PS.. if you look for RX8's you have to take your time as there are a lot out there!!! PM if you need more info as I only got one my self as a christmas present to me! lol it is a 2003 (231) model.

I know they are rare, but even so there is nearly always one or two for sale. I just looked and found 2, one had seen better days ill admit but the other looked immaculate.

I would of suggested a IS300 too, but the OP specifically said he hates autos, so im guessing a IS300 is out of the question

I hated auto's aswell for the fact that old school autos were boring to drive, sapped a lot of power from the engine, had bad fuel consumption and were not quick to respond to commands..well those days are long gone!! modern auto boxes can hit 2 - 300,000 miles without needing a rebuild if fluids are changed occasionally, they are as quick to respond to gear changes in Manual/Sport mode and also involving to drive as a full blown manual box, and most new cars with auto's are more fuel efficient than their manual models.

tho some cars like Subaru STi' , Evo's , high revving Toyota' and Honda's will always wear manual boxes better. almost all powerful production cars are all sport auto's so unless one will be using their cars for drifting, there is no real advantage these days for having a manual box over a good well engineered sport auto box.

Ye fact of the matter is autos nowadays are faster and more fuel efficient than manuals and all the fastest cars in the world use them so cant be boring for sure. I think Porsche are one of the few you can still get a manual but there latest 911 it isnt a option anymore and knowones complaining. same with M5