Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Went to use my GS450h after leaving in the garage for 2 weeks and it flashed up key not recognised , it started fine when holding the fob against the start button so assumed was the Battery in the fob, I always have spare batteries so changed but this still the same and the same with the spare key so pretty sure not the key fobs or Battery

Called Lexus and they advise is most likely the car 12V Battery is drained from two weeks idle and therefore not sending out signal to key - they advise a run will; charge it up and all will be fine

My concern is central locking does not work from the fob -assume as fob not recognised ? and do not want to be miles from home with an issue - guess have no option but was wondering if anyone else had experienced the same ?

I had this same problem yesterday, you can lock/ unlock your car with the actual key, just pop it out of the key fob, and use as you normally would.. the following morning my key fob worked fine....