Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Humming Noise Wheel Bearing ? Gearbox? Help

turbotezza

Hi guys, I have a toyota altezza RS200 Beams Turbo conversion icon_biggrin.gif and have got a really annoying humming noise icon_mad.gif and I'm not sure what is causing it. It is a low hum when doing around 20-30 mph, I think it seems more so when de-cellarating it also does it if in gear or rolling ie foot on clutch.

I've had the car up in the air and no calipers are sticking there is no play in any wheel bearings and no noise when spinning wheels by hand. Had back wheels of the ground and with traction control off and engine running, gone through all gears spinning back wheels and the noise is not present at all. icon_cry.gif

ANY HELP IS APPRECIATED. icon_mrgreen.gif (y)

modifications that may effect are bbs alloys with 225 45 17 front yoko ao48 , 235 45 17 rear ave tyres, meiser r coilovers lowered 40mm all round

Has it just started to make the noise recently, or has it always been like it? My first thought was tyre noise. I had this on a previous car, I was convinced it was a wheel bearing, but turned out to be a tyre with some uneven wear, changed the tyre and the humming/rumble went. Just a thought.

• 6 months later...