Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Speed/tach Indicator - How Do You Use Yours?

Hi,

I'm pondering all sorts of bits while waiting to pick my car up at the weekend. And the speed and tach indicator came up.

I'd be interested to hear how others use these?

I'm not sure how I'd set the speed indicator; 30 would be good to stay sensible in town but then perhaps I should think of motorway driving? Cant really think how best it would benefit me.

The Tach is easier I think. I can see benefit in picking a rev limit to manage fuel consumption.

Anyway, if I'm missing a good application for either of these I'd appreciate some tips.

Same thing went through my mind.

Thought of the 30mph (or 33mph), but then would bug me that for most of the time it would be on so I would get used to it and not notice it.

So have it at 76mph, and have actually noticed it on the rare occassion I get to that speed.

The tacho seems pointless, this isnt a boy racer car, its a potter about car, and the paddles and sports shift are 100% redundant on mine, so it will change gear when it wants to anyway.

For me this is gadget nonsense, when I really would like something useful, like the ability to customise the readouts on the dash info display, like having a permanent outside temp would be far more useful (for me) than some useless tacho thing.

Guest bigbullhead

Tachometer is good for diesels to get your gear change right without losing turbo power lol also my speed is set at 86mph as on my Tom Tom gps my speed is that far out so 86 is 80 on my car also I go through speed cameras on cruise control at 44-45 as this is my 40

Thanks both. Some good points.

bigbullhead. Mine is a petrol auto. I appreciate speedos are always a margin out, but are the GPS readings that more accurate?I'm no physics expert, but they are based on trangulation and have their own margin of error does that not have an effect on speed readings?

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links