Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Initial Brake Pedal Travel

techair

Sorry if this has been covered by previous posts, but I couldn't find exactly what I was experiencing.

When I first brake, I feel the pedal travel is a bit far, after further use the pedal travel is what I call normal and the brakes feel sharp.

I have replaced the front pads, which whilst I was doing that job I made sure the sliders were free.

I have bled the brakes but, I am not sure if I have bled enough fluid through and still may have air in the system.

I bled the brakes the old fashioned way, with someone pumping the brake pedal for me whilst I opened each bleed nipple starting with near side rear.

What I was wondering is one did I bleed the fluid enough or two should I of used a different method ie pressure bleeding the brakes, or three have I got another problem?

Well the Lexus made it through the MOT, apart from having to have the offside headlamp adjusted because it was to high.

Had a slight imbalance on the rear brakes but not even close enough to fail.

So next job is back brakes apart, and finish off re-furbishing the wheels.

• 3 weeks later...

I have had this with my brakes since buying my car. If i depress the brake pedal it travels far, if i take my foot off the pedal and put it straight back on the pedal hardly travels and the brakes are razor sharp.

Let me know if you find a cure.