Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Tte Bodykit

Zebber

Hi all to start off this subject I've purchased a genuine TTE front bumper for my is200 and I attempted to fit it last weekend with no luck it seems to be getting caught around the slam panel area I removed the polystyrene buffers on the slam panel and tyres again it seems closer yet still not lining up anywhere just wondering if anyone has done this mod before or if they're different slam panels available for a TTE KIT and not please any help is appreciated

Hi,are you definitely sure it's a genuine one?has the car been involved in a frontal accident before?have you taken off the old grill?usually is a straight swap with little or no fiddling around.

Hi again the bumper has the TTE stamp on the inner corner seying lexus TTE and my car has not got any sign of front end damage and the grill has been removed yes I really don't know it seems as if the slam panel is stopping it but I not sure and what's the best way of attaching it at the wings as it wraps around the inner wing liners do I need to remove them to bolt the bumper up ?

When I fitted the bumper I had no fogs or washers fitted as it was test fit and there's a TTE STAMP with lexus TTE on the corner of it and the wings don't want to line up as there's a gap as if the bumper needs to come up more it's really weird I might remove the slam panel for a test to see if it lines up what u guys think

Thanks please let me know I hope it's just me making life difficult because I was fitting it on my own after all it might have sagged somewhere and just got caught but it defo wasn't easy like the original. Also is the TTE KIT ment to be fiberglass or plastic as mines fiberglass ?

Sorry to hear that it is a copy. I did notice that the TTE emblem was replaced by a Sport one and the part number was a digit out against the number listed on the TTE catalogue.

I guess that bumper has just been sold on as a genuine part so you probably are not alone in getting your fingers burnt. Contact eBay and Paypal as it is a counterfeit item.

As said genuine TTE bumpers are plastic, copies are fibreglass. It's a very good copy because my factory fitted TTE kit on my old 200 had a sport badge in the middle instead if a TTE badge but it had no Lexus stamp on the inside and it would just clip onto any other IS perfectly, we tried it on a mate of mine.

Well I've been in contact with the seller he is sending me some money back and il have to see if I can make it work so il strip the front end right down and see what's snagging it

Really quick guys does anyone know if the is200/300 estates are wider on the front end then the saloon and if TTE bumpers were made for them as I think this bumper I bought is for a estate version is this possible ?

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links