Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

What's Going On With Eurocarparts?

The-Acre

This seems bonkers to me. My daily workhorse estate failed its MOT this week with a broken rear coil spring. I phoned Eurocarparts and they had one in stock for £59 plus VAT, so about £70. I thought I'd look on eBay and I found the identical part for £42.60 including VAT from Eurocarparts! There was either £3.50 delivery, or free pick up at local branch (click and collect) My local branch is the same one that wanted £70 if I bought it over the counter. The guy told me this happens a lot and then sold it to me for £50 including VAT.

What a ridiculous system!

Yeah i found this. when i did a major service last years i bought parts from 3 different companys especially when i came across cheap makes on eurocarparts and then could find the same part made by a better/more renowned manufacture for the same price

They did, but that's only because I went there to see what it was all about, then I didn't have time to go back and order online, and then go back to pick it up as I needed to get the MOT done before I go away for work at the weekend. A lesson I won't forget!

I think this practice is widespread.

I had an account with Staples and bought online a paper shredder on "special offer"

The next day I called into their Derby branch and there was a large pile of the same item £5.00 cheaper than the online price.

When I rang them to discuss they could not give an adequate explanation,never bought a thing from them since,even stopped sending me the catalogue after 2 years, ironically it went straight into their shredder!

I always buy off the website with whatever 20/25% code they are offering, usually a few pence cheaper than carpartsfor less.

I ordered wipes the other month and when I picked them up, they were the wrong fitmentI The correct fitment was in stock but for £6/7 more than what was advertised on the website, so I had to pre order them via my Iphone on the website and then wait for the code to come through, took 10 mins but saved myself a few £ !