Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Lexus Is200 Spare Alloy Wheel 17 Inch 224 45 17

Mags62

Hi All, recently joined this great club when the better half bought an SC430. We have been looking for a reasonably priced spare wheel and spotted this one for sale. We are really looking for confirmation that it will be suitable. We have standard 18" dinner plates at the moment. Any advice gratefully received. Cheers, Bruce

Hi Bruce, wass there mmeant to be a link? I can't see one. On spare wheels the only one that will fit well easily in the boot is the 'get you home' reduced speed one. If you try a full size one, you won't get the roof down. Paul.

Hi Paul, thanks for your resonse, the IS200 spare wheel is thinner than my standard 18" road wheel - it is 224 45 R17. Is it the outside diameter or the width that affects the boot closing??

The 'get you home' wheel/tyre in my SC430 is a Bridgestone Temporary Use T145/70R 17 106M. It stands up in the boot, at the rear, to allow the roof to close down into the boot space, so it's the width limitation I think. I'm not sure anything bigger will fit in, due to the constraint at the bottom of the boot.