Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Is 300H Late Late 10K Report

10K report.

Not much to add from the 5000 mile report posted in November and on the next page of topics. Very happy with the car approaching 12K. First service well past and oil maintenance message came up at 9800 miles. Car doing 42 mpg in December and early Jan. I put this down to lights, heater, windscreen heater etc now back up to 46 back to 48 50 soon as light and weather gets better. I tend not to reset the mpg trip often. I have a niggle on the phone with favourites still not holding in. I have had to push to get this taken as a problem but now it is being taken seriously.

Tyres all worn evenly and 1mm more tread on front tyres than on the back.

Indicators, 3 flash is an issue for me on motorways and duals, it gets messy right left right. This is being re programmed by Lexus and there appear to be some choices.

Overall really like this car.

Thanks for the 10k update Charles, interesting reading. The indicators can be adjusted, I know I've read it here somewhere. The phone book favourites dropping is still an issue for me too. I can't quite get to your mpg's but I think it's because I do sit around a bit at the station on Dad's taxi duty so this may account for it.

Once or twice the nav has played silly beggars and tried to get me to turn right,right and right again back onto the same road. I tested it again today and it did it again, seems to be if I deviate off the route and when it recalculates it loses the plot a bit. I know there is another software update and rang my dealer this afternoon. He hadn't heard of it but is looking into.

I drove into central London today in eco mode, average speed was snails pace but mpg late 50's. Loved that.

Charles, good to hear your positive report over 10k. Mines coming up to to 1k and is lovely to drive. No issues to speak of only some niggles. Only 15 favourites on the phone. Only 6 DAB preset, DAB track info doesn't display on the home screen or instrument binacle. Be nice I we could request software updates. Water drips onto the rear seat due to gutter less roof, not good if you hang your jacket up. Voice recognition is very hit and miss, it was perfect in the MB 300h I tested. No auto wash wipe, and the auto wiper function. Seems to cancel once you've manually done it. On the plus side the ride and quietness Is great, tyre noise noticeable on concrete motorways (f-sport), nav is good although beer keen to reroute it give lots of advance warning. Love the graphics in the instrument binnacle. No problem with indicator at all after being used BMW although you can't cancel by moving the stalk in the direction of turn which was a good idea on the BM. If I gold down the seats I can get my bike in the car if I take off the front wheel and saddle, a real bonus if I want it secure. Getting 43 mpg, 70% motorway at 70 plus. Trying to be sensible. Got 58mpg over 10 miles of stop start/crawling today.

10K report.

Not much to add from the 5000 mile report posted in November and on the next page of topics. Very happy with the car approaching 12K. First service well past and oil maintenance message came up at 9800 miles.

What are the service intervals?? 10k miles? If so I'm going to be getting very friendly with dealer, as I'll be there every other month at the mileage I'll be doing! Not that the dealership is a bad place to be - Nespresso coffee, shortbread, free wifi, B&O TV and Stereo etc etc

Correction, wash wipe is automatic, just need to pull the stalk back for longer as it were. Got both rear view mirrors to dip on selection of reverse now which is great. Not sure why the parking sensors need an indicator light on the dash but the yellow passenger airbag light that's always on is annoying. Anyone know how to turn it off, might resort to some black insulation tape!

Had a blast in Sport + today. Fantastic.

Servicing is 10k for private users, 12.5k for business. Reflects short versus long journeys.

10K report.

Not much to add from the 5000 mile report posted in November and on the next page of topics. Very happy with the car approaching 12K. First service well past and oil maintenance message came up at 9800 miles.

What are the service intervals?? 10k miles? If so I'm going to be getting very friendly with dealer, as I'll be there every other month at the mileage I'll be doing! Not that the dealership is a bad place to be - Nespresso coffee, shortbread, free wifi, B&O TV and Stereo etc etc

You do realise that we're paying for all that plushness, by way of shorter service intervals :doggy:

You do realise that we're paying for all that plushness, by way of shorter service intervals :doggy:

This has me wondering, actually. My current car has 30.ooo km service interval, in spite of all the start and stop technology putting strain on engine and it being Italian which supposedly should mean it could require towing to the dealer several times during this period. No such thing and the engine runs smooth as butter after 3 years, no oil consumption whatsoever. And now - why would I have to service my new Lexus every 15k km, which is even less than your 10k miles, and this in spite of the fact that for good third of the distance ICE should be shut down? Not getting the logic.

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links